24. REALITY CHECK

ARIEL POV — Wanda led me through the gloomy corridors into an even darker room

ARIEL POV — Wanda led me through the gloomy corridors into an even darker room. It contained several screens, otherwise the room was empty and all screens were black, switched off. Why were we here though?

She never looked at me once, but instead was always focused on a special screen in the middle. My gaze followed hers and I tried to let the rest of my thoughts disappear, if only for a brief moment. I breathed in and out deeply, and now heard some kind of static, a noise that came from the strange device. It got louder and louder, till I couldn't stand the noise anymore. The surface flickered a few times until I finally recognized a faint picture.

It was Natasha, handcuffed to a chair, hands behind her back. Oh god was this real? Or was Wanda just playing with my fears? It looked like she was being interrogated by some Hydra agents. Even though there was no sound coming through the screen, I thought I could hear her heavy breathing as the agent held her chin in his direction. It didn't look good for Natasha at all. She seemed to have no chance. Her green eyes were filled with anger. I didn't know if I could take it, keep watching her.

I felt a little tug on my sleeve and realized it was Wanda. She raised her hand and pointed her index finger at another screen. This one showed Tony, who was chained to a wall. Oh god no! No! No! No! He was completely out of breath, there was a bleeding wound on his face and it didn't look good for him either, maybe even worse. My eyes went watery at these terrible sights.

"But what can I do?" I asked, struggling to breathe. "How can I save them? I–"

"Don't be afraid." She just replied and disappeared next to me without me noticing it. The screen now showed me a video of Wanda that showed her in her own cell. The picture had no sound, but it still made me shudder. She was sitting on the floor and probably had to talk to someone because she slowly shook her head while her dead eyes looked straight in my direction.

I didn't understand what that meant until I suddenly saw her screaming and reaching for her neck, with great pain in her eyes, trying to break the collar she was wearing. It was probably giving her some kind of electric shocks or pain, while repressing her powers. At the sight I immediately screamed and held out my hand to the screen. But all I felt was a wind. A strong wind that made my hand move.

At this moment I didn't understand what it meant.

I immediately ran out of this room full of screens and had to look for Wanda. Where the hell was her cell? At the end of the corridor, I was stopped by a barred steel door. Furious, my hands reached through the bars and held on to it, and I tried with all my strength to pull it open while pulling hard. It just didn't work, so I closed my eyes and desperately slammed my head on the gate.

"I know I've told you to use your hands. But I didn't mean: strike the gate." Said Wanda and appeared behind the bars when I opened my eyes again. It was just an illusion. She was playing with my mind. " Your hands can guide your voice. They can help to direct them towards the goal. Now, do it!" I stared at her through the bars in frustration.

"Ughhh, but none of it is real!" I groaned. "My body is at the other end of the hall staring at the ceiling!" I said angrily as I pointed my hand into the hallway behind me. Wanda hit the bars that separated us with both of her palms and I was thrown back into my own cell by her push. I landed against a wall inside my cell and fell to the floor.

"Did that feel real?" Asked Wanda, who now appeared in front of my cell

"Did that feel real?" Asked Wanda, who now appeared in front of my cell. Her hand reached for the push handle of the cell gate and she locked me there.

Why would she lock me in here?! She should help me get out of here!!! "What the hell, are you crazy? Why are you doing this?" I asked in shock, still on the floor while she looked at me from behind the glass. "You want to get out of here?" Asked Wanda. "Then break the glass." I got up from my seat and angrily walked towards the pane. "It's not just glass! It's bulletproof." I answered without a chance.

"Then make a bullet out of your voice." Protests Wanda. "Break the glass." She just grinned.

I tried to break this damn glass with several screams but it just didn't work. "Please help me!" I begged Wanda, out of breath from screaming. All she did was shake her head. Her gaze stopped and she stared at the wall behind me. Confused, I turned to find another pane of glass behind me. This, however, carried a blurry image with it. I went closer to the pane and finally noticed who it was this time.

"Steve?"

"Steve!!!!" I yelled, hitting the glass with my fists, hoping he could hear me. My hands could've been bloody at this point, but I didn't care in that moment. He was in the firm grip of a Hydra agent, standing on his knees. "Is this in my head or is this real?!" I asked Wanda in a panic.

"Does it matter?" She replied as I stared back at Steve. Agent Ward just punched Steve in the jaw with his fist, but he didn't mind. In Steve's eyes, I didn't see fear or panic, but anger and loathing against Hydra. He had no chance, just like the others ... and right now he was surrounded by them. "They will kill him." I whispered once the realization hit me. More and more tears escaped my eyes when another agent suddenly appeared, pointing a weapon against Steve's Head.

One click, that was all it would take.