5 | the training room

A/N: I'm so so so sorry for disappearing without any notice, it's just I didn't feel like writing and I also had a lot of school work left on the left the last hundred meters... I'm sorry😫. Anyways on with the chapter. Ah, and also I made some drawings of the study:

 Ah, and also I made some drawings of the study:

Y/n's POV

I followed Mara to the door and it revealed a beautiful room with lots of things to train with.

"What do you think? I decorated the room myself!" said Mara proud of herself.

"Really?! I love it!"

Mara asked me if I wanted to train now. I responded excitedly yes.

"The first thing you need to know is that everyone has an animal spirit that they possess. For example, mine is a fox." she says. "To summon it you have to close your eyes and think about something nice, relax." She closed her eyes. Then a flashing light appeared and with it, a small, cute fox. "Hello, little fox!" "She can talk, but she's very shy." explained Mara. "Now your turn!"

I close my eyes. I think about the grass moving in the wind, about my family. A weird feeling and I open my eyes and see a black/white/brown horse. 'It is beautiful' I taught.

"I'm not an it, I'm a she and my name is Christal!" says the horse angrily. "And yes, I can read your mind."

Mara starts laughing. "Got some attitude there, hm?" and then she turns to me. "I forgot to tell you that they can read their owner's mind...."

"Now you mention it?" I mumble.

"Anyways, let's get on using your powers. Think about yourself, and..... well.... magic! And then create a weapon and shoot the vase that's over there" she says pointing at a vase made out of clay. "You don't have to imagine the weapon, you will receive it... If you understand what I mean."

I do as Mara said. 'Now that I think about it, Mara, Chris and Theo have been very nice to me. I need to do something for them... But what?' My thought was interrupted by something big. It was a bow!

Kinda like this:

"Whoa...this is gorgeous" I say. 'Focus, Y/n, focus.'

I stand in front of the first vase. I take out one of the arrows, tense the spring, take a deep breath and...... let it go. I watch as it brakes the vase. 'Yes!' Then, as it was the right thing to do I went t the next vase, which is further (20 meters / 65 feet and 7 13⁄32 inches).

It happens the same: I take the arrow out, let it go and break the vase. It happens the same with the third vase, located at a distance of 30 meters / 98 feet and 5 7⁄64 inches.

Finally, I get to the last vase, the fourth one. It was 50 meters / 164 feet and ½ inch. "Y/N, don't you think it's a little too far?" Mara asked. "Nope." I say pulling out another arrow. "If you don't get it, don't be disappointed, you can try again."

I was a little bit nervous because didn't want to screw up now. I close my eyes, take two deeeepppp breaths and try to clear my mind. I open my eyes and let go of the arrow. Watching as the arrow glided towards the vase, it felt like an eternity.

Annnnnnnnnndddddddd!!!!!! ........... I missed.

Jk!

When the arrow hit the vase I exploded with euphoria and yelled "TOLD YOU I CAN DO IT AND I DID IT!!!!!! Ha!"

"You did! Hey, out of curiosity, have you tried archery before?"

"Nope, never. Why are you-"

"Wait..... you mean that you've never held a bow in your hands before AND YOU SUCCEDED TO TAKE DOWN A VASE AT THE DISTANCE OF 50 METERS?!!

"Kinda.....?"

"ARE YOU CRAZY? This is awesome!"

"I know!"

"Anyways, let's just get to the basics." said Mara.