Turmoil

"What do you remember from your attack?"

What? I jump nearly out of my own skin. Auroya! Where did she come from? 

Rhenyan and I have been walking for hours. He said she was doing some errands, but didn't say how long they would take. We've just exited a light forest into a small neighborhood where he says her contact is. I blink against the bright light of - is that... three suns? Please, give me the shade of the trees back. I glance around, but I can't see her.

"I- what? Um, everything?" I've been trying not to think of it. The attack. It hurts, physically, to think about what I did. And what I almost did. Speaking of...

"Really? You remember everything?"

I nod absently as I reach out to Rhenyan. He looks down at me. I wouldn't say he necessarily looks happy, but he definitely isn't as cold as before. Or, cold at all.

"Did my... shot... did it, um-"

"No, it didn't affect me." He says with a smirk. Sometimes I think he likes it when I'm uncomfortable.

"How?"

His smile lowers. "I think it was... the Master energy. I think... I mean, I must've been connected with the Master energy when it hit. I don't have any kind of protection against your magic. If it was just me, I wouldn't have stood a chance."

His words make my heart jump. Does he really think that? Is my power really... that strong? He would know, wouldn't he? He said he's dealt with other Soul Mages before. The idea is terrifying. He's the last person I expected to hear those words from.

He takes my hand and squeezes it just as Auroya appears on his other side. She's looking at me expectantly.

"Do you really remember everything?"

"Yeah?" Why wouldn't I...? I glance at Rhenyan. Oh. He says he can't remember what happens when he uses his Master energy. She must think our powers are related. I nod to her. "Yes. I remember everything."

"Interesting." She glances at Rhenyan, her energy reaching out to him. He doesn't look her way, though. He stares at me as I assume he and Auroya talk through their bond. I feel an ache in my chest suddenly at the thought. Part of it is I wish I had a trobah, or at least knew who it was. The other part is jealous of and a little bit mad at Auroya. I know it doesn't make any sense, but I don't want him to leave. I want him to stay with me. And I know she's going to be the reason he can't stay. I know that no matter how much he may want to stay, he can't as long as she's somewhere else.

"Could you feel your energy?" Auroya asks, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Feel it? What do you mean?"

She shrugs. "Could you feel it? Did it have emotions? Did it seem to have an agenda?"

I shake my head. "I don't know. Not that I know of?"

She sighs as Rhenyan squeezes my hand again. "Did you have any thoughts, or feel any emotions, that seemed out of context?" He gestures to his heart. "When I use my Master energy, I get really angry, every time. For no reason at all."

"It's... not for no reason, though. The only time you use it is when you're in trouble, right?"

He chuckles. "Well, yes, but just because I'm in trouble doesn't mean I'm angry. Most of the time when my Master energy comes out, I already knew it was going to, because I already knew about most of the variables in the situation. Other times, I may have been anxious because something unexpected happened. But rarely ever am I actually, purely angry, like I feel when I'm using it."