To the Tower.

It was the same beautiful morning, the grass was green, the birds were chirping, and the flowers smelled wonderful. Deimos stood nearby, in between two buildings. In the alleyway, he enjoyed a nice smoke.

"You're so cute and precious..." Hank said. "You're being so fake!" Tricky said as they both laughed. "...Tricky? Would you ever... hurt someone?" Hank asked. "I don't know, I guess if I had to, I would." Tricky replied. "Me too. I hope it doesn't come to that, ever." "Yeah... well, I'm gonna go." Tricky said. "Go where?" Hank asked. "I'm going out, don't worry, I'll be fine." Tricky said. "Alright..."

Tricky exited the building, and checked his phone. He began his little morning walk. He walked past several stores he would usually enter, however, he just felt like going on a walk. As he walked by an alleyway he looked into it and saw the Sheriff, standing over Deimos' unconcious body. "Oh shit." Tricky whispered. Several people walked in the streets, not knowing that their Sheriff was a monster. Tricky cut off a metal bar from a fence. Tricky sneaked up behind the Sheriff, and knocked him out with the bar. He quickly carried Deimos' body home.

He quickly shut the door behind him and put Deimos on the couch. "HANK! COME HERE!" Tricky yelled. This also awoke Sanford. Hank rushed down the stairs to see what was wrong. "Hey, what's- WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" Hank yelled. "I was walking down the street when I looked down an alleyway, and I saw Sheriff and Deimos. He was already unconcious when I got there." Tricky said calmly. "Oh my god." Sanford said. "Sanford, can you try to wake him up?" Hank asked. "I'll try to." Sanford said worriedly. "What did you do with the Sheriff?" Hank asked. "I wasn't going to be able to take Deimos back without a bit of violence, I might've knocked him out..." Tricky said. "That's fine." Hank said.

The Sheriff awoke, he got up from the ground. "What the hell happened? Where's that- Fuck." He noticed that Deimos was gone. "GOD FUCKING DAMN IT." He said angrily. He walked away with his fists clenched tightly.

Deimos and Sanford walked out of their room together. "Ah, Deimos! You're alright!" Tricky said. "...Yeah, what happened?" Deimos asked. "I don't know, I found you unconcious in an alley, the Sheriff was about to drag you away, I think." Tricky replied. Sanford and Hank listened, as they had nothing to say. "Well, thanks for helping me, I appreciate it. Maybe you're not so bad!" Deimos said. "Thank- wait you thought I was bad?" Tricky asked with a slightly sad look on his face. "Yeah... but I think you're really cool now!" Deimos replied. "Thanks!" Tricky said with a large grin.

"I hate to burst your happy little bubble, but we need to find out why the Sheriff did this." Sanford said. "Yeah, he's right." Hank said. "Wait, Tricky, weren't you the Sheriff's friend?" Deimos asked. "Sort of, but what he did wasn't right. I had to stop him." Tricky said. "I say we go to him. It might sound like a reckless plan, but it also might work." Hank said. "I guess we do that, then." Sanford said.

"Is this radio channel working?" The Sheriff asked. "Yes, sir. I can hear you loud and clear." A worker replied. "Good, we will use this for all of our long distance communication." The Sheriff said. "Alright." The worker says.

"I hear they still use radios, should we try that?" Sanford said. "We can try my old radio!" Deimos said. "We need a channel number, or something." Sanford said. "Do we know what it is?" Deimos asked. They all looked at Hank. "Fine. He told me his favorite number, I'll try that." Hank said. Sheriff's voice can be heard from the radio. "Oh my god, it... worked?" Tricky said. "Holy shit, haha!" Deimos laughed. "Shh, this is important." Hank whispered. "Meet me at Improbability Tower, we'll discuss this there." The Sheriff said. "He owns Improbability Tower?" Sanford asked. "I guess he does!" Deimos said. "Well, you heard that. He's at the Tower." Hank said. "Let's get going, then." Tricky said.

Will our protagonists make it to the Tower? Will they find out why the Sheriff did this?
Find out next time, on Visions of Madness.