Ground Rules

Pur slept almost soundly next to his new friend, like his worries were suddenly washed away by Blitzwing's mere presence. He'd purr loudly throughout the night, occasionally making cute little whimpers as he twitched. Blitzwing on the other hand didn't think too much about the idea such a rookie gladiator wants his company. It wasn't a first for him anyway. Many bots would seem to form close relations to him, when in reality, they only saw to discover the triple changer's weaknesses to use them against him. In his mind, Blitzwing thought it was only a matter of time before he was betrayed again. So even though he was helping Pur, he decided to try not to form any emotional connection to the purple mech. After all, no one could replace her... The lights in the room suddenly turned on again, the sudden yelling of guards to wake up startled Pur, as he shot awake and fell on top of the sleeping Blitzwing. His reaction was a groan as he shoved the scared rookie off him. With a deep sigh, he sat upright and shifted his glance to Pur.

Blitzwing: If jou are goingk to be scared of every little zhing zhat jou come across, jou won't survive. - He huffed and crossed his servos.- Zhe day has begun. Zhe workers will open zhe arena in about another megacycle. First, zhey will feed us breakfast. Jou will get jour own meal zhis time. Understand?

Pur: Y-yes... -He responded with a slight nod.-

Blitzwing: Good. While we wait we will go over some basic rules. Rule number one, if jou are not out in zhe sand, don't fight anyone here. It will get jou killed, guaranteed. Be it by zhe other fighters, or by zhe guards. - Pur nodded in response.- Rule number two, follow zhe schedule. Lights on, breakfast, await for zhe fight. If jou are not selected, zhe guards will call for lunch. Zhen dinner. After zhat, it's lights out until next morning and zhe cycle repeats. Zhere is no way to properly tell time without looking outside for clues. Which brings me to rule number three. Jou cannot try to watch zhe fights. I only do it occasionally to get an idea of whether or not I will be summoned for next battle. And I do it discreetly. Jour inexperience could get jourself killed. Understand?

Pur: Yes.... - He nodded.-

Blitzwing: Right. Good. - Suddenly there was some commotion from the other gladiators. They began shoving and growling at each other as energon cubes began to be thrown down to them. - Breakfast time. Get jour meal. I will get mine in a moment. Try to use jour abilities to get an advantage. - Pur then tilted his helm, confused at what he meant. The German mech then rolled his optics. - I can't help jou figure out jour abilities. Jou have to do it jourself. Now go on. - Pur huffed at the rude response, but did as he said. He turned to where the energon was being tossed from, and instead of trying to catch a cube, Pur felt he could do more. So he did. His stabilizers began to extend like tape measures, which surprised the guards above, as well as the gladiatos. Small clicks could be heard as he raised himself up to the guards, and Blitzwing watched, silently impressed at such a strange ability. The guards were scared of what Pur was going to do, expecting the rookie to attack them. But instead, he simply held out his servo, waiting for the energon cubes to be handed to him. A guard quickly handed him 4 cubes and yelled at him to leave. Pur then lowered himself back down. What was a commotion of angry growling was now shocked silence and staring, as Pur returned to Blitzwing's corner. Blitzwing silently stared at him, went off to get his own food, then came back. He inhaled, seeming about to say something, then hummed quietly as he tried to think of the right yes or no question. - How- er....Did jou know jou could do that? -

Pur: N-no... - He said as he shook his helm.

Blitzwing: Then how did jou do it? Jou just...happened upon zhis ability?

Pur: Yes... - He nodded.-

Blitzwing: I... -He sighed and rubbed his temples.- I suppose I did say jou needed to discover zhese abilities on jour own. But don't get any ideas just because jou can raise jourself to zheir level. Rule number four, no escaping. Zhis arena is akin to a sealed vault. Guards on every level, carryingk lethal weapons to end jou as quick as possible, but makingk sure it will still hurt. And even if jou somehow manage to avoid zhem, jour insignia... - He pointed at the black inverted triangle on Pur's chassis.- ...is equipped with a tracker and an explosive, zhat triggers itself vhen jou are too far from zhe arena. So no escape attempts from jou, understand?