- Future -

Tohru had ended up sick, especially after worrying all day after she failed a single test.

"Tohru! Just relax, we're all humans, and we all make mistakes and fail sometimes, your not gonna not graduate high school just because you failed one test." Tohru sulked lying in her bed.

"Pffft! This reminds me of when we first met, you had a fever that day too." It was the day you ran away from the estate, and bumped into her. The day Yuki, Shigure and you found her by her tent.

"Oh! Yes! I remember that day! How fun! It also reminds me of the day you got sick!" Tohru sighed as you placed a wet cloth on her forehead as you got up, offering her a smile.

"I remember. Anyway, I'll go make you something to eat, Kyo's already started on it." You exited your room, heading downstairs towards the kitchen, were a forced Kyo was making porridge.

"I put her to bed, hopefully she doesn't get up again. She's been overworking herself." You stood next to Kyo watching him cookL. The person who took care of Kyo, who he called Shisho was an extremely bad cook, which caused young Kyo to cook, incase his caretaker burned down the house.

"I reckon Shisho's still a bad cook?" You asked cutting up a few carrots. A tiny smile made it's way onto his face.

"The worst." He told you, stirring the pot. Which got a smile to your face.

"Then since you're such a good cook, you can cook for me in the future~" You teased him, but Kyo stayed silent. The future was something neither of you liked to talk about. The future was scary, it held things that neither of you knew, the future was something that wasn't in your hand.

"What do you.. want your future.. to be like?" Kyo hesitantly asked, he knew neither his or your future looked too good. But isn't it okay to dream?

"I.. honestly just want.. things to stay how they are. I like the present, it's fun, it's happy. I don't want it to change."

.

.

.

"Say aaaaahhhh." Tohru opened her mouth wide, as you stuffed a spoon of medicine in her mouth, a bitter expression over came her, and then it turned back to normal.

"Bitter!" You softly chuckled, before handing her a bowl of porridge that both you and Kyo made specially for her. You lifted your arm, resting your hand on her forehead, it was still burning.

"After you eat, get some sleep! If you need anything, call me! No getting up for silly reasons, like making dinner or doing homework. We got it covered, so sleep." Tohru smiled, stuffing a spoon full of porridge in her mouth.

"You.. remind me of my mother.. thank you. For taking care of me." She offered you a genuine smile, as you handed her a bottle of water.

"Yeah? You're the same too, haha. I guess we both are each other's mother figures." You stood up, exiting the room. If you still had your mom, maybe you would have stayed at the estate, maybe you wouldn't have met Tohru, or been this close to her. Maybe you and Kyo would never had the relationship you have today.

Maybe everything happens for a reason. Maybe there is a future, where you can be smiling with Kyo, with Tohru, with Yuki and the others.