𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟷 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start bij het begin

What became a tunnel was suffocating in its narrowness, a dim light at its end. You strained to hear or see something to indicate Wilbur's presence.

"If I'm gonna press it ever- it's- it's now," a voice muttered, low and stressed. "The thing that I built this nation for doesn't exist anymore. It's over."

You burst into the room, slowly taking in its appearance. A rickety wooden chair sat in the middle of the room, scraps of planks and pieces of cobble littering the ground. The walls had words scratched into them, your eyes darting around to piece them together.

I heard there was a special place.

"Wilbur."

Your voice shook in its feeble attempt to be firm. "What are you doing."

"Y- Y/n?" Wilbur's head snapped around, brown eyes widening.

Stepping closer to him, you gave a small nod. Your hand reached out to glide gently against the room's walls.

"What is this place?" you murmured.

Where men could go and emancipate,

"Oh, I- well, I-" Wilbur paused. "Do you know what this button does?"

"Would you like me to?"

The simple words seemed to mount a burden, Wilbur's chest sinking in on itself. "It's the button that will end it all."

Oh.

Oh.

Your realization must have shown on your face, Wilbur's expression changing to a mournful one.

The brutality and the tyranny of their rulers.

"You know, when we were- when we were making the anthem together, that sunny day way back, I was making a big point," Wilbur said softly. "It was poignant, and it was poetic, and it was that there was a special place. But it's not there anymore. It's not."

Your face twisted slightly. You gently took his hand and squeezed it, akin to how you'd done not even fifteen minutes ago.

"We just won it back, though, haven't we?" you spoke, turning to meet his eyes. "We gave ourselves for that place."

Well that place is real, you needn't fret.

"Y/N, I'M ALWAYS SO CLOSE TO PRESSING THIS BUTTON!"

Your breath caught in your throat. Wilbur's fist slammed against the wall, making a loud noise.

"I have been here," Wilbur stressed, chest heaving, "seven or eight times. Y/n, it's been too many times that I've come back and stared at this button."

His eyes were wild, unhinged almost, as he stared into your own frightened ones.

"You're scared." Wilbur chuckled slowly, madly. "Tommy was too, did you know that?"

With Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, fuck Eret.

"He told me I was insane, that you're a monster, Wilbur," the brunette mocked, voice tense. "And you think that too now."

You shook your head, grabbing his hand tighter almost like a lifeline. "You've not gone insane. You're just as sane as I am, Wil."

Fireworks went off above your head, and you looked up in fear.

"See, they're fighting, they're fighting," Wilbur shouted, pointing a finger into the ceiling and above it. "They're fighting over what they've already fucking lost."

Your voice was no louder than a whisper. "So you want to blow it all up? You don't even want to try?"

It's a very big and not blown up L'manberg.

"I do."

Wilbur shook off your hand, wrestling both of his into his hair. "I do. I- I could press it, I could. I wouldn't have to think about this, them, you, anything at all..."

"Do you really want to make that happen?" You let a single tear slip, composure shattering. "Do you really want to leave us behind?"

Your throat felt dry, chest felt heavy when the next question fell from your lips. "Leave me behind?"

My L'manberg,

"I- I don't, that's the problem!" Wilbur's voice rose once again. "But it's so fucking hard, you don't understand, it's so fucking hard to keep holding on."

You watched his fingers crawl onto the button, tracing it slowly.

"There was a saying, N/n."

My L'manberg,

"Wil." You grabbed his wrist quickly, trying to pull it towards you. "Don't do this."

Wilbur ignored your plea, tugging his arm back towards his chest. "From Eret. Our old friend Eret."

My L'manberg,

You gasped. "No. Wil. No. Please."

Wilbur gave you a bittersweet smile.

"It was never meant to be."

A button clicked. TNT ignited.

The world caved in.

-----

1298 words (without a/n)

Header by @/sugaphys on Tumblr

am i sorry? no :D i regret nothing :D

wilbur's other ending is next chapter, then the pissbaby is next. hope you lovely people enjoyed the read! votes and comments are ever appreciated, almost 200k reads O-o

love you lots, see you soon, goodbye!

-Partially Human