Bonus Epilogue: A meeting beyond time and space.

When I opened my eyes I was back in that white room, strangely I wasn't naked this time which was pretty good considering it all. Taylor however who had been sleeping next to me was gone as expected. The Goddess wasn't one to bring other people into this. It was strange then when I realised I wasn't alone.

"Caius?" I looked at the Demon Lord with wide eyes. We had been talking earlier about trade routes across the border forest but I didn't expect to see him so soon. It was the first time I had seen any other person in here.

"Rain?" he looked at me just as confused.

"Caius!?" the new voice higher pitched but infuriatingly familiar entered my ears. It was Jane as I knew myself. I had never liked how girly he sounded or looked for that matter. "Wait, who are you?" he pointed at me.

I scratched my head. I'm pretty sure he shouldn't have existed anymore. Either the Goddess had played around more than I thought or I was having a weird arse dream. "Hold on, let me confirm something. Caius you know who I am don't you?"

"Of course, we talked earlier," he replied but couldn't take his eyes off Jane. He spat, "Damn you really could pass off as a girl.

"Hey!" Jane complained. "It's not my fault I was born like this. If anything blame that damn Goddess." He turned to me, "Now explain. You look like you know the most."

"You could say that," I sighed exasperated. "Basically I'm you after being reborn again in the Goddess' world. Caius is us if we had never left and encountered me. It's all confusing I know."

"Oh you're Rain," he nodded in understanding. "Lara told me about you."

"Wait Lara?" it was my turn to be surprised. "She made it back to you?"

"Well yes," he raised his brows at me. "Weren't you the one who sent her?"

"We did but I didn't think she went to a world where you existed," I laughed, relief flooded into my chest. So the Goddess really did take her somewhere she could be happy. "I'm sure you're looking after her."

"Of course I am," he folded his arms, the hand on top adorned with a single ring. "She is my wife after all."

"...." Both Caius and I were stunned. Even Taylor and I hadn't got that far.

Jane clapped his hands, "Oh right, you're with that Taylor girl aren't you."

I threw up my arms. My brain couldn't handle this right now. To think that Jane and Lara would get together.... No truth be told I had an inkling Lara felt that way about me but I never thought it would go anywhere.

"Okay that's a thing but what we really need to know is why we're here," I changed the topic. "Only one being could bring us together and I'm suspicious at the fact she hasn't shown herself." We all looked around for the Goddess' white figure.

Instead we were greeted by a different voice. A male one and like the Goddess' his voice changed with each sentence taking different tones, "Sorry to disappoint but it was not the Goddess who called you." A white figure appeared, distinctly a man. "I wanted to talk with you all."

"And who are you?" Caius asked with clear intent. His brows drew together.

The figure laughed, "That certainly is a question. Let me ask you this, did you ever think there was a grander plan to your lives?"