Twenty two- mase learns the truth

Magsimula sa umpisa

~

I woke up feeling ready for the match against Denmark, and prepared for what I was going to say to Mai. I quickly got dressed and wandered downstairs hoping to find her in the breakfast hall.
As I walked through the door I was met with all the boys turning to look at me. I walked over to them.
"Um have you guys seen Mai?" I asked.
"She's gone back home to get ready for the match." Raz replied to me. "Oh okay." I said.
"How come you want to talk to her anyway?" Pickford asked me. "Look guys I know I fucked up... I know I was a dick I should of listened to you all... Daniel came to visit me last night and told me everything. I feel terrible and I miss her so much." I told them, not caring if I looked a bit pathetic, I just wanted her back.
"Glad you came to your senses mate." Dec told me. "So am I, I'm sorry for yesterday man." I told him. He stood up and patted me on the back. "It's cool man, love does crazy things to people."

~

The match was starting in 10 minutes and I still hadn't seen Mai. Im going to have to speak to her afterwards. I thought, sighing.
Within no time we were lined up in the tunnel, ready to walk onto the pitch.
Whilst we began singing the national anthem, I looked around the stadium trying to spot Mai.
I found her sat next to Sasha, she was wearing a Stones jersey, she must be here under his family and friends ticket. I sighed, I wanted her to be MY guest, wearing MY jersey.
She looked up, making eye contact with me. I smiled at her, and waved slightly, she looked confused but smiled back.

Then the game started, unfortunately Denmark scored first, on the 30th minute. However, just 9 minutes later one of their team accidentally scored an own goal, meaning we were now level.
No more goals has been scored by the end of the 90 minutes, so we went into extra time.
I was running up the pitch with the ball, three defenders stood around me, luckily I managed to kick the ball through them to Sterling.
Sterling ran towards the goal, but was fouled in the box, meaning we were awarded a penalty.
Kane stood up ready to take it, he smacked the ball at goal, but the goalie deflected it, somehow he managed to get the ball back and striked again, and it flew into the back of the net.
Then game ended. We were through to the finals!!!

I turned to look for Mai, I spotted her running onto the pitch towards John. Jumping up and hugging him excitedly. He picked her up and spun her around. It should be me she's doing that with. I need to go and fix this. I thought to myself.
Before I knew it I was walking towards them.
"Mai... can I speak to you?" I asked nervously. "She turned away from John and looked at me curiously. "Umm sure I guess." She said uncertainly. "Can we go somewhere a bit more private?" I asked. "Yeh sure, changing rooms?" She said, starting to walk off. 
"Yeh sounds perfect." I told her whilst John gave me a nod.

We arrived at the empty changing rooms. "So what did you want to talk about?" She asked me, a confused look on her face.
"Mai please don't speak until I'm done talking." I said grabbing her hands, as she nodded in reply. "I am so so sorry for not listening to you... Dan came to my room last night and told me everything... I should of given you a chance to explain, but I didn't. I presumed you had done to me what my ex did and walked off, but you are not her...I should of realised you would never do that to me. I'm really sorry Mai for everything, and I will do anything to get you back. I'm ready to step up... both as a boyfriend and a father..." she stared at me in shock at my last words. "You...you know?" She questioned. "Yes I know.. I walked into Jack's room last night after my chat with Dan and I saw the pregnancy tests." I told her, as she looked down at the floor.

"Are you only saying all this because your going to have a baby with me?" She asked in a small voice.
"No Mai of course not! I'm in love with you, I have missed you so much the few days we have been apart, I am so sorry and I hope you will take me back... I swear to you this will never happen again, I will always listen to you before reacting." I told her.

A smile spread across her face as she leaned forwarded to hug me. "I've missed you too Mase." She told me. "I'm still mad at you tho, you hurt me." She added. "I know darling, I feel awful for it.. I will spend forever and a day fixing it." I told her, kissing her forehead. "You're so cheesy Mase." She told me giggling. "I thought you loved my cheesiness?" I pouted. "I do." She answered, smiling at me. I leaned down to kiss her. "I love you Mai, and I can't wait for our little one!" I told her, placing my hand on her belly. "I love you too Mase." She answered smiling up at me.  "Well done for the match by the way." She told me, chuckling lightly. "Thank you baby." I replied leaning down to kiss her again.

Halfway through our kiss the lads walked in. "Ayyyy he did it!" Jack yelled running over to us. "Seems like your grovelling was a success." John smiled,  following Jack over to us. "Mmm I have forgiven him, but he's still in the doghouse." Mai said, nudging me with her elbow as I fake pouted, causing her to giggle.

Mai's POV

"I can't believe we made it to the final!" Mase said to the three of us, a massive smile on his face. "I know, and I can't believe I'm going to be an uncle." John whispered back to us, winking at me and Mase. "Hey! I wanna be an uncle too!" Jack complained. "Of course you can Jacky! You were the first person to know at the end of the day." I said giggling at Jack. Me and Jack had become close since the whole Sasha incident. He's planning to ask her to move in with him, to show her how serious he is about her, and wants my help with it. Of course I agreed, knowing how much my bestie loves him.

I decided I would stay with Mase at SGP and tomorrow we would go out for breakfast before he had training, the final was in a few days they couldn't afford to have days off.

Authors note- thank you so much for the reads and the votes guys! I hope you enjoy the rest :) xx