Twenty four- is that really what you think of me princess?

Authors note- warning of graphic details, violence, heavy swearing, skip to next chapter if not comfortable.

Mai's POV -recap

I finally got to mine and Mason's house. I walked inside turning on all the lights. Sighing, I walked upstairs to get changed and ready for bed.
As I opened my bedroom door, an arm wrapped around my neck, holding a cloth to my mouth.
I struggled against the intruder, knowing the cloth was dowsed in chloroform, I tried to refrain from breathing. But eventually, I had to take a breath....and everything went dark.

~

Mason's POV

I was running through the streets towards the house to find Mai. I only just got her back I can't lose her again! I thought, sprinting even faster when I saw the house in the distance.
I stopped at the end of the driveway to catch my breath. That was when I noticed the door was wide open. Hmm that's weird. I carefully neared the house.
As I stepped through the front door, I noticed it was completely trashed. "Mai?" I called out. After hearing nothing but silence, I started panicking, searching around the house, begging she was here.
When I reached the bedroom I noticed a note on the bed, I picked it up, reading it aloud.
"If you want Mai to live, pay up." Was all it said.
Immediately I called Max.

📞Max
Mase- Max you need to get to my house now! I think Mai's been kidnapped!" I yelled down the phone.
Max- wait what? I'm on my way hang on! He yelled, hanging up.

Less than 5 minutes later, seven black SUV's pulled up outside the house. I ran outside, with the note in my hand towards Max and Jos.
"When I got back the door was wide open, as I walked in, I noticed the house was completely trashed. I started searching for Mai, but found this note left on the bed." I told them desperately, handing them the note.
At this moment all the footballers turned up, John leapt out of the car and sprinted towards us. "Who did it?" He questioned, his eyes dark with anger.
Jos said nothing, but handed John the note. He looked at it and thought for a minute.
"Marcus..." he whispered under his breath, Jos nodded in agreement.

Just then my phone started ringing. It was an unknown number. I looked down confused.

Mai's POV

I woke up strapped to a chair, I looked around me taking in my surroundings. I was in a small, windowless, empty room with nothing but a dim lightbulb hanging from the ceiling.
Suddenly, the door opened and a man walked into the room. He turned to look at me and pulled off his mask. "Marcus?" I questioned.
"The one and only." He grinned.
"Why are you doing this?" I wailed, tears starting to form in my eyes.
"You guys killed my son... now I get revenge." He said pulling out a silver knife from behind his back.
My eyes widened, and I started squirming in my chair, trying to break free.
"You're not going anywhere princess." He chuckled, walking towards me. I gulped. He lifted the knife, plunging it into my leg. I screamed out in pain as he twisted it.
"Don't worry princess, you won't die... yet... I want you to suffer." He grinned evilly at me, as he dragged the knife along my face, slicing it along my cheek.
"You sick bastard!" I shouted out at him. He knelt down closely to me.
"Awhh is that really what you think of me princess?" He whispered in my ear. I took the opportunity of him moving closer to me, and head butted him.
He fell back in shock.
"You bitch!" He yelled as he plunged the knife into the side of my stomach, leaving it there as I screamed, breathing heavily as tears streamed down my face.
"I'll be back in a minute princess, I'm going to call your dad." He told me, smirking as he walked off.