epigraph

━━━━━

━━━━━

Someday you will meet somebody who will ruin you. They will tear out your insides and swallow your heart and shred your soul. They will build it all back up again and tether it to their own. And this sounds very big, but it's not. Gradual, creeping: you won't even know it's happened until they're gone.

That's when it all crumbles again.

━━ 𓃖 ━━

( ' You always thought you were
unknowable, like a wall nobody
could climb. I knocked them down,
don't forget that. Promise me you
won't put them up again when I'm
gone. ' )

( ' You try to hide it, and people
have tried to destroy it, but I
see it. There's good in you. A
tiny, blooming thing. I'm
sorry for wilting it. ' )

━━━━━

The strength of her affection robs her of breath. It was only two years ago that she had told him he meant nothing to her: a checkmark on a clinical to-do list, a responsibility that was not hers to honour. And now those perfect blue eyes are gazing up at her with reverence, his Adam's apple bobbing with the weight of what she knows to be desire, because she feels it too. All over her, filling her, warming her.

Is this what want feels like? An ache so deep you think it might kill you? If so here it is: all her wanting, stripped bare before him. She wants him. God, she wants him, and she's never wanted anything else at all.

━━ 𓅇 ━━

( ' Hey, we ain't ghosts yet — me, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, everyone. Can't ever replace who you lost, but that don't mean you don't got room for more. ' )