"Thank you, Dian," the Queen said with a little smile.

"I need to bathe," the Queen said in a sad tone as Dian stared at her for a few seconds.

"Of course your grace. I have prepared your bath for you" Dian said as the Queen and she walked to the washroom.

After the bath, Dian dressed the Queen up in one of her royal gowns she combed her hair and styled it just the way the Queen liked it.
After Dian was done with getting the Queen ready for the day, Queen Aries sent her to Dryk Bolton the lord commander to gather all the members of the royal council for a meeting immediately.

When Dian got back she said to the Queen
"would you like anything to eat Your Grace? I know you have had a hard morning"
The Queen looked at her and smiled.
" How sweet of you to ask," she said with a smile as Dian looked to the fall shyly.

"I am starving and there is a war coming any moment now. My husband is sick and it's only me that's left to rule the kingdom. I guess I can't do that on an empty stomach" the Queen said with a little chuckle.

"I would like to eat Chicken with raspberry sauce," the Queen said like her husband wasn't just poisoned.

"Right away My Queen" Dian said then took a bow before leaving for the kitchen and the Queen sat on a chair thinking of something.

A few minutes later Dian walked in with a plate filled with a lot of chicken and raspberry sauce.
She set it by the Queen's table and went to get a glass of wine for the Queen.

The Queen was already eating her chicken with the sauce happily when Dian came back.
"Come and join me," the Queen said with a smile and Dian said
"I wouldn't dare Your grace," Dian said not looking the Queen in her eyes.

"It's an order. Food tastes better when you eat it with someone. Come on now. Take a piece" the Queen said as she handed a piece of chicken with sauce to Dian

Dian slowly took the chicken from the Queen and begin to eat it even slower. As she took the first bite, a smile came across her face.

"What are you smiling about," the Queen asked looking curious.

"Nothing, Your grace. it's just that I'm eating with the Queen. People would kill to have such honor" Dian said as the Queen busted into laughter

"What do you hear them say about me? the common people" the Queen asked Dian

Dian looked nervous to answer but she did anyways
"The commoners sing your praises. There are rumors about your beauty. They say the King is lucky to have such a beauty as a wife"

"Tell me the bad things they say about me. I mean they must think I have flaws too," the Queen said even more curious.

"I beg your pardon, your grace," Dian said looking uncomfortable.

"It can't be that bad for you to be so uncomfortable," the Queen said with a laugh but Dian didn't laugh just looked down still uncomfortable.

"Tell me" the Queen ordered in a commanding voice. Dian was too scared not to answer.

"Some say that you are just beautiful. That you are a barrel woman who only brings shame to House Mendenhall"

There was a terrible silence between the Queen and Dian for a few seconds then Dian dropped to the ground and begging for forgiveness.

"I am so sorry your Grace. I do not deserve to live. Please spare my worthless life" Dian said filled with terror.

"Please don't do that. Everyone is entitled to their opinions" the Queen said as she helped Dian up.

After eating a few more pieces of chicken, the Queen made her way to the council room. As she got there, she saw Taran Mendenhall, the king's younger brother sitting on the chair the King sits doing the council meetings.

"How dare you sit there. you are not the King. you have no right" the Queen screamed.

" I am the next in line for the throne. I have every right" Taran said calmly

"As long as the King is still alive, you have no right here," The Queen said looking at him with disgust.

"I am in charge of the kingdom till my husband is healthy again. it is the rule of the land. You are not even close to the King. You are only here because you think he'll die" The Queen said. Taran didn't even look bothered with what the Queen was saying. He only got more comfortable in the seat.

"A woman wants to rule the kingdom. A woman!". Taran said as he laughed mocking the Queen.

" No one will respect you. Guards seize him" the Queen said

"How dare you" Taran screamed to the guards.

"Release him. I changed my mind" the Queen said to the guards.

"Now if you still have a little bit of dignity, leave now," The Queen said and Taran left the place immediately.

"My Queen, why did you call us here? Alywn's army will be here any moment now. we have no time. We are preparing the men for battle" Dyrk Bolton said

" There will be no war," the Queen said.

"what do you mean? That's not what the king says" one of the members said.

"The king is not here to order us. We all know we won't win this war. We will surrender" the Queen said with all seriousness.

"I trust you, sweet niece," Ronald Wilton said to the Queen as he hugged her.

Members of the council began to look at each other and all agreed.

"We trust you, My Queen. let's stop this war" Dyrk said.