Twenty- trouble in paradise

Start from the beginning

John's POV

"Stay here Mai, I'm gonna take you back to my room at St George's, I'm just gonna go tell the boys. I told her getting up and walking inside.
I walked over to the table where everyone was sat, everyone looked up at me as I entered. I had Mai's make up all over my shirt and face. I made eye contact with Dan. "I hope your happy with yourself Dan. Mase just dumped her. I'm taking her home with me." I shouted at him, In front of everyone as I walked off.

Max and Dec ran after me, reaching me just before I got to the exit. "Woah man what happened?" Max asked. "Dan told Mai he liked her and kissed her, she pulled away immediately, but Mase saw it and ran off, refusing to let her explain, and just sent her a text saying we are through." I told them. "He did send me a text about it.. I told him to talk to her though!" Dec said looking a bit guilty.
"Anyway I'm going to take Mai back with me to St George's so she can get away from everyone." I told Max. "Okay mate, please keep me updated and ring me if she wants me." He replied. "Will do man." I said as I walked off to get Mai.

I took Mai back to my room, and managed to get her to fall asleep pretty quickly, since she was exhausted. I sighed and got into the bed next to her, stroking her head softly, until I too fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to Mai already awake, she had changed into my clothes and was sat by the mirror taking her make up off.
"Morning Mai's, feeling any better?" I questioned.
"Morning John, you know what, I am, if he's not even going to listen to me or let me explain then I guess he's not the right one." She told me, a smile on her face, but I could tell she was lying. "I know your lying Mai, maybe you should message him what really happened?" I told her. She sighed deeply. "I can't John, he blocked me." I gave her a pitiful look. "I could talk to him." I suggested. "No it's okay John, he needs to actually grow up, learn how to deal with things properly, rather than running away from them, and actually speak to me." She stated. "Ooo sassy Mai has arrived." I teased, getting a small chuckle out of her. "Anyway, want me to take you to breakfast?" I asked. "Yeh that sounds lovely thanks John." She replied.

Mai's POV

John has taken me out to breakfast at a cute little cafe not far from my house. After eating I decided to check my phone. I have 10 missed notifications from Sasha asking if I was okay. I decided to message back telling her I'm fine and will explain it to her when I next see her.

My phone started ringing, I looked down to see Jack was trying to call me. I picked up.
📞jacko
M- hey Jack what's up?
J- hey mai.. umm can you come to the police station please?
M- why what's happened Jack?
J- I've been arrested...
M- WHAT! What did you do Jack?
J- last night I tried to drive home and crashed into several cars, I got done for drink driving....
M- oh you idiot, right I'm on my way!

~

"John can you take me home please, Jack's been arrested I need to go bail him out." I said.
"Of course, what has he done now!" He joked.
"Drunk driving last night." I replied.

John dropped me off at my dads house, thanking him, I immediately got into my Aston Martin, which luckily I had left at at dads home not Mason's house, and set off, beelining to the police station.
"Hi I'm here to get Jack Grealish." I told the miserable looking man at the front.
"Right through here please, I need you to sign some papers." He bluntly told me, chucking some papers in my direction.
I signed them, and sat waiting for Jack. A few minutes later he was escorted out in handcuffs.
"Oh Jack.." I said looking at the man in front of me, a sad look on his face. "Thank you for coming to get me Mai..." He whispered. "It's okay Jack, don't worry about it." I told him, giving him a small smile.

Once the officer took his handcuffs off we walked out heading back towards my car.
"They taken my license Mai... for a year I think... is there any chance you could take me to training?" He asked nervously. "Yes of course Jack, we will head back to yours so you can change then I'll drop you." I shot him a smile, which he returned.

Ten minutes later we had got to Jack's house as he had no clean clothes left at St. George's. "Mai I'm sorry about all this.. and about you and Mason.. I just didn't know who else to call." He told me, opening his arms to hug me. "It's okay Jack, it's not your fault. I didn't do anything wrong, and Mase won't even talk to me, he's blocked me so I can't tell him what actually happened." I said, graciously accepting the hug. "I'm sure he will come around." He said, as we walked through his front door. If he's ever willing to speak to me. I thought as Jack ran upstairs to change.

Forty minutes later, Jack was showered and ready to go. "What took you so long!" I sighed. "Hey! It takes time to have the best looking hair on the England team!" He protested, as I rolled my eyes and giggled.

As we arrived at St. George's Jack turned to me, a worried look on his face. "Mai, will you come in with me to talk to the gaffer... I'm late and he won't get AS mad at me if your there..." I chuckled looking at Jack's panicked face. "Of course Jacky boy." I told him, linking his arm and walking into St. George's.
"Oi pickers where's the gaffer?" Jack yelled out, spotting Jordan walking towards the pitch. "He's on the pitch mate, I hope u have a good excuse for being late, he's mad." Jordan replied, before saying a quick hello to me and running off.
"Oh god he's gonna kill me..." Jack whispered under his breath. "No he won't I'm here and he loves me!" I told him, nudging him with my elbow trying to lighten his mood. He gave me a small smile in return and we walked towards to pitch.