Chapter 16

For the rest of the day Draco refused to leave his room. Severus called him for dinner several times and all of his efforts were for naught. Giving up on getting the irate blonde to come for dinner Severus sent Draco's dinner to his room and sat at the table with his little boy.
"Daddy?" Hadrian asked shyly.
"Yes sweet boy."  He replied looking up from his meal of Mediterranean rice and chicken.
"Where is Draco?"
"Draco is sat in his room having a strop because he didn't realize you were going to be here and he believes that everyone should bow down to him because he is a Malfoy and when you didn't want to be his friend he got angry and jealous and he swore to never let you forget it."  At his sons sad face Severus tried to reassure him.
"Its not your fault, it is entirely his fault and I hope by the end of the week he realizes this and the two of you can become somewhat friends." a small okay being his only answer.

Once dinner was finished Severus got Hadrian ready for bed and tucked him in.

The next day goes in much the same fashion, Severus reads Hadrian his texts and then gets the boy to read a passage from his first year textbooks to help his reading ability. Draco stays in his room all day only coming out at lunch and dinner to eat in silence whilst glaring at Hadrian from across the table. Rian being who he was remained blissfully oblivious to the looks being sent his way and ate with gusto, swinging his legs and chatting animatedly with Severus about adventures he could take Stich on.
By the end of the second day Severus was exhausted, but thankful that the boys in his care had yet to argue.

But as Wednesday morning came around the calm before the storm had ended and the storm was upon them.

Severus woke up at 8:30 like he did every morning and got ready for the day. He was sitting in the kitchen, with his 3rd cup of coffee,when Draco came in still dressed in his silk pajamas and sat at the table.
"Good morning Draco, I trust you slept well."
"Yes sir"
The pair of them sat at the table for another half an hour quietly conversing until at 10 o'clock it was time to wake up Hadrian.  Severus Rose from his seat put his used mug into the sink and looked at Draco with a pointed look.
"I am going to wake 'Rian, you are to stay here until I get back. Understand?"
"Yes sir"

When Severus walked into 'Rians room he held back a groan. Hadrian was sat naked in a puddle of pee, silent tears streaming down his face whilst repeatedly hitting his fists into his thighs. Today was not going to be easy.

Severus slowly made his way over to the distressed boy and cast a quick cleansing spell before picking him up and bringing him into the bathroom. thankful that the elves had yet to remove the changing table that was positioned next to the toilet, Severus sat the boy on the edge whilst he filled the large tub with water and bubbles. 

once the tub was full Severus gently placed Hadrian into the warm water and began to gently wash his body with a soft washcloth. Hadrian was still distressed but getting into the bath had relaxed him. knowing his wash routine well by now 'Rian lowered himself  into the water to get his hair wet, as soon as his body was done, sitting straight back up for his 'Daddy' to lather it in shampoo. Once Hadrian was all clean Severus reached behind him and brought out some bath toys so Hadrian would stay occupied whilst he fetched him some fresh clothes. when he returned he dried 'Rian off and sat him on the changing table once again, slipping some dinosaur briefs onto the too small boy followed by a soft cotton t-shirt with a picture of a red car printed on the front. However, when Severus went to put the joggers he had picked out onto the boy he vehemently refused, he was fighting a loosing battle Severus gave up and just left the boy in this briefs and a t-shirt. 

Severus carried 'Rian into the kitchen and placed him at the table sending a meaningful look at the blonde when he looked like he might say something about Hadrian's state of dress. Severus ordered breakfast for the group, a full English for him and Draco and porridge with fruit for 'Rian. But looking after an Autistic child was never easy and today Hadrian decided he didn't like the texture of porridge so he forcefully pushed the bowel away without thinking, knocking over his non-spill cup which in turn knocked Draco's juice all over the table. Draco stood up fast and whirled to face Hadrian. the boy in question had gone stark white, all color draining from his face, eyes wide in fear.

 "what in the name of Salazar do you think you are doing, the food here not good enough for the great Harry Potter, or are you to retarded to understand how to eat a meal without destroying it."

Severus stood from his chair vanishing the mess with a flick of his wand. turning to Hadrian he noticed the oncoming meltdown "Draco if you don't stop talking now i wont be responsible for what happens." Severus warned when he noticed Draco go to open his mouth again.  and it was true he wouldn't be responsible. if Draco kept talking it would trigger 'Rians accidental magic and he couldn't stop that magic from doing whatever it wanted. Draco closed his mouth with an audible snap and watched and Hadrian began to hit his thighs making low pained  moaning noises with the back of his throat, he watched as Severus walked over to Hadrian's chair took the boy out of his seat and sat on the floor against the wall with Hadrian thrashing, screaming and crying. Severus trapped Hadrian's arms by his sides and covered his legs with his own effectively restraining the boy and stopping him from further harming himself. Draco stared on in slight fear but mostly appalled y the behavior in front of him,  as he watched his godfather restrain his classmate, he watched as his godfather sat there talking softly to the distressed boy that was still moaning and crying, still trying to kick his legs and free his arms, still ramming his head backwards into the firm chest behind him.

after what felt like an eternity Hadrian finally stopped struggling and fell into an exhausted sleep. Severus ignored Draco's questioning gaze as he stood up carrying  his little boy back to bed, hopefully a nap would do him some good. 

word count ~1144

A/N: I said to myself when I started writing this that I would never write an authors note as i feel they break up the story but i feel like i owe you an explanation for my impromptu break . I wanted to apologize first, before the excuses, for the hold up on this chapter it has been a long time since I last uploaded and I know a lot of you have been waiting for the next part. I have recently just started college and started working at a jewelers and I am trying to settle my workload and balance it all out, this story didn't take priority in that. however, this was just September, before that i just couldn't find the motivation to write, I still have plenty of ideas and i'm not going anywhere there may just be bigger gaps in-between my uploads from now on. thank you for all the support and 18k!!!!!

tysm xx