C-16

CRUSH - ❝ love. cry. forgive. move on. ❞

Y/N had woken up early since she haven't suits herself in the new place. She was at Los Angeles after receiving invitation by the professional for a special training. She opened the sliding door that lead her towards a balcony as she leaned her arms on the rail, feeling the morning breeze brush through her skin.

She get herself a refreshing shower before changing into her training attire. Y/N's eyes wandered around the big court after she was dropped there by the driver that was provided by her. Her eyes lighten up by the sight of netball players warming up in the middle of the court.

"Ryu Y/N from Korea?" A woman in the middle of her 40s approached her while giving her a small smile as Y/N nodded. "Nice to meet you." Y/N held out her hand as the coach gladly accept it, welcoming her with a warm smile.

"Thankyou for inviting me here. It's an honor to be trained by the professionals." The coach chuckles. "We're pleased to have you here, one of the best player in Korea to join this training." The coach compliment as she patted her shoulder. "Let's go. The team is anticipating you appearance."

Y/N settled down her belongings by the bench before she bend down to tighten her shoelace. She got up before exhaling her breath, sprinting towards the foreign team joining their warming up session. Thankfully the team accept her well, making her feel herself like home.

Meanwhile on the other side, the basketball team with Yeji and Aimi who just finished their training routine sits in the middle of the school's court in a big circle. The tension was unusual, everyone was keep their lips shut.

Jaehyuk cleared his throat. "Do you guys have any idea on where Y/N could be?" He asked before everyone shook their head except for Hyunsuk. "Your mother didn't tell you anything?" Introducing one of the young members in the team, So Junghwan nudged Hyunsuk who was seated beside him by coincidence.

"I perhaps did overheard my mother talked to the netball team's coach and her classroom teacher. She informed them that Y/N wouldn't be in school for a week since she was invited to a special training in Los Angeles." Hyunsuk raised his shoulder up and down.

"It's the best for us to keep this to ourselves since you know, some of the netball players in her team despise her achievement." They all nod, understanding the reason to keep everything between them.

Haruto's eyes wandered around them, he just realized that the captain, Jihoon wasn't in the conversation with them. Doyoung who observed the younger's expression let out a sigh. "Jihoon was being called by the coach personally for the third time for this week." 

Jeongwoo agreed. "He's melancholic after their last argument. It feels like his soul had just left his body, he can't even focus on the training." Asahi groaned and lay his back flat on the floor. "Can someone ask Y/N to come back? No one is spending us food anymore!" He whined.

Yoshi rested his arms behind him to support his body as he leaned back. "I'm still wondering how could you get a special set of the burger that time." He questioned making the others nod. 

"Yeah right! Tell us! There must be something behind that." Yedam slapped Asahi's thigh. Asahi sits himself up. "I'm going to be so dead if she knows I'm spilling this to all of you." 

"I kind of pushed her to tell me if she likes Jihoon and she admitted about her feelings. We all know their feelings were mutual but neither one of them would take the first step. At last she bought me a special set so I wont tell anyone." Asahi's explanation makes everyone groaned despairingly.

The netball training dismissed with the players bid each other goodbye

The netball training dismissed with the players bid each other goodbye. Y/N changed her clothes after she cleaned herself and went for a walk at the beach behind the hotel. She carefully placed her feet on the soft sand and make towards the shore.

She then let out a smile, completely mesmerized by the view in front of her as her right hand holds her slippers. Her thoughts were cut off by the sight of couples walking hand in hand who reminds her of Jihoon.

Jihoon is the first boy who she fell in love with. By other sentence, she was completely new to these love thingy. It feels illegal to have the emotion since she was only a girl friend to him, that's what she thought for now.

The sky is getting darker and Y/N determined to eat dinner in the hotel's restaurant as she feel her body drained out of energy. While waiting for her food, a man approached her. "Y/N?" The person asked as Y/N looked up to the voice.

"Jeno?" Y/N raised an eyebrow as Jeno let out a smile. Y/N told him to sit as he called the waitress and told her to serve his food on Y/N's table. "Fancy to see you here Y/N." Jeno greeted as the girl chuckles.

"This is so unforeseen. Do you mind if I asked what are you doing here?"

Jeno's eyes travelled across the restaurant before back at Y/N. "This hotel is own by my father. I just finished a meeting before I meet you here." He explained making Y/N gasped, surprised that the 5 star hotel was own by his family.

Y/N observed Jeno who also been staring at her when she found herself looking at the ring on one of his finger. "Ah this." Seems like Jeno noticed her gaze as he lifted up his hands. "I'm engaged." He sighs.

"Isn't that too early? You're supposed to be in school!"

"My father think contrary. He wanted to pass his place to me sooner or later since he couldn't keep it up by himself." The two have a chinwag that night, catching up on each other since they'd parted for so long.

Y/N slumped herself into her bed, cuddling with the white blanket when her phone rings resulting Yeji who called her. "Hey Y/N!" Yeji exclaimed after she picked up her call. "Hey." Y/N reciprocated.

"Is everything fine there? Is LA fun?" The netball ace chuckled as she told Yeji about her day. Y/N sighed. "How is Jihoon?" She asked. "He's downcast after you left Y/N-ah.." Hearing those words making her felt convicted.

"Everything was completely not like what you see. It's better for the two of you talk to each other. Give him a chance, I know you couldn't stop having him in your mind." Yeji tried to convince her.

"I don't know-"

"Y/N, if you keep sidestepping from this problems, how are you guys going to make-up? Problems wouldn't be solve if only one side show his effort."

"Everything is up in your hand Y/N, and you know what's worst? You both will lose each other if you keep this way." Y/N could feel her tears dropped down to her cheeks. What Yeji had mentioned is right, her ego had eaten herself up.

Y/N still lay her body between the blanket as she listened to Yeji who tried to convince and persuade her. Inside her heart she wanted to call Jihoon and fixed everything up, but her heart is still half-done. 

By the end of the night, the two souls cried for each other, failing to reach the heart of one another.