C-04

CRUSH - ❝ every encounter brings several types of butterflies. ❞

The day without school, homeworks, studies and everyone's favourite day, it was weekend. Y/N woke up due to the brightness of sunlight that shines through the curtains. Her mood will always be happy when it comes to weekend.

After a refreshing shower, she went downstairs and greet her mother a good morning with a peck on her cheeks. "Good morning sweetie. You seems to be in a good mood today. Let's sit down and eat breakfast together." Her mom smiled.

"How's school?" Y/N's mom asked. "Everything is good." She smiled looking at her mom. "It's saturday today. I don't think you really want to spend your weekend staying at home all day long right?" Mrs. Ryu chuckled at her.

"Right! I've been using the same clothes lately, should I go to the mall and buy some?" She asked looking at her mom for permissions. "I'll transfer some money into your bank later, go." Y/N pecked her mom on the cheeks and get ready.

She get dressed in something comfortable and drove to the mall. There is actually not much things to buy but she definitely not going to waste her weekend just like that, instead of studying of course.

As she arrived at the mall, she was excited to shop. First, she went to starbucks to get her favorite drink. It has been so long since she last drink it. Schools, trainings, studies, there's so much to think.

After she grabbed her drink, her shopping adventure time has started. She went to check some new outfit in one of her favorite brand shop. As she was about to pick up the hoodie that catches her eyes, she felt another hand reached for the hoodie.

"I'm sorry, you can have it if you want." The boy looked at her and said. "No, it's okay, you can have it. I'll take other color." She smiled at the younger boy. The boy feel something connected towards this older girl. He mustered up and introduce himself. "I'm Bang Yedam and you are?" "Y/N." She smiled.

She looked behind Yedam and saw a group of boys came towards their direction. "There you are, we've been look- oh sorry for the attitude. I'm Yoshi." Y/N chuckled. "I know you. We went to the same school." Yoshi smiled back at her.

"I should get going now, see you around." Y/N is about to go when Yedam grabbed her arm. "Can I get your number?" He asked without hesitation. "Sure." Yedam shoved his phone to the girl in front of him before his friends looked at each other with a goofy smile.

Y/N excused herself, walking around the mall looking for some new jeans or perhaps some stationary. She went into a book store and bought some revision book, notebook and some pens.  When she lined up in front of the counter, she saw someone familiar passed by outside the bookstore. She feel her cheeks burning up.

It's Park Jihoon.

Jihoon found his friends after he left to the toilet. His friends were busy teasing Yedam for getting a girl's number. "What did I missed?" He asked while standing beside his friends. "Yedam asked a girl's number." Mashiho replied.

Even Yedam is from other school, it didn't stop them to grow their friendship. Jihoon and Yedam grew up in a same neighbourhood since they were small. "You are so grown up now." Jihoon ruffled Yedam's hair making the boy slapped his hands away.

He played along with his friends. It was almost 3pm when the others has left, leaving both Jihoon and Yedam alone. "Let's get something to eat before we go home." They decided to eat at fast food restaurant. 

"So? Whos number did you get?" Jihoon asked with a teasing tone towards the younger boy. Yedam whined and gave him a glare. "Her name is Y/N. She looks quite older than me." Yedam shrugged his shoulder.

Jihoon was stunned by his answer. "Y/N?" He asked the boy again as he nodded. "I got her number because I think I know her. She looks like my cousin that I haven't seen in a while." Yedam mutters the last sentence under his breath.

"Why? Do you know her?" Yedam turned to Jihoon. "She went to the same school as me." Jihoon answered. Just then the waiter showed up with their orders and they started to eat up.

Y/N walks inside the fast food section, eyes lingering to find a seat for herself when she saw Yedam eating with another boy with his back facing her. Yedam who saw her and waved at her gesturing her to come towards him.

Y/N smiled as she proceed to come up to him, and when she gets closer, she noticed the familiar person, Park Jihoon. Jihoon turned around and locked eyes with Y/N. "Oh hello, fancy seeing you here Y/N." He greeted. "Do you mind if I sit with you guys? Since I was alone."

"No no, we don't mind." Y/N put her things on the floor and went to get her order. She went back to them and started another conversation. Just then her order arrived and they continue eating. Her heart beats so fast. She was sitting beside Jihoon, the school heartthrob.

As they immersed in their talk suddenly Y/N's phone rings. She muttered a quick apologised and answered her call. It was her mom calling her to come home because of a sudden family reunion. In other hand, Yedam also faced the same situation.

"Do you need a ride?" Jihoon lowered his gaze as he felt shy under her stare. Y/N shook her head rejecting the offer. "It's fine. I drove here." She reciprocated, slightly tucking a few hair strands behind her ear.

"I'm home!" Y/N shouted as soon as she stepped into the house. "Kitchen!" She heard her mom shouting from the kitchen. Y/N put her shopping bags on the sofa and went to her mom. "Who's family we will meet later?" She asked while eating the pastry that was served on the table.

"The Bangs, they're your aunt and uncle. Better get dress we will leave in 3 hours." Her mother answered her while cleaning the dishes. Y/N took one last bite of her pastry and went upstairs to get ready. She put some light makeup and slipped on the dress that she brought earlier.

Now they were on their way to the restaurant. Y/N turned to her mother on her right. "Mom, how is grandmother?" Her grandmother from her father side, the only person who take care of her when her parents is busy with work or went overseas for their business.

Her mother sighs. "She's fine. Just like before, nothing changes." Y/N looked at her lap after the conversation ends. She truly missed her grandmother who suffers with brain tumor. Sometimes her grandmother remembers her family, sometimes she doesn't.

The last time she saw her grandmother was thanks giving dinner last year. She's kind of dissappointed because her grandmother barely remember her, but she couldn't blame her for anything. She snapped out her thoughts when her mother grabbed her hands. 

"We are here. Let's get in."