Chapter 2

Opening my eyes to a ceiling veined with gold and fine stone was almost uneasy.
I squirm in the sheets, the fine silk and furs foreign to my skin.
I force my body up and it sinks against the cloud of a mattress, it took strength to stay sitting up. It felt I should sink right in, melt right in, and disappear forever.
I purse my chapped lips together and wrap my two dangling arms around my small frame. It frown. One of many insecurities.
Man I felt like a flea among such royalty.
"I have a life so much better,"
The voice was a whisper in the caverns of my mind, pulling at a memory that only loomed a day before.
I push the fine fabrics back and slide out onto the cool marble floor. It sent a chill up my legs and it spread down to my very finger tips. Sunlight pools into the room, making the gold of the floor glitter like that of a sun kissing a lake.
It was beautiful. That was one thing I could tell myself.
"They don't love you... I'm so sorry,"
There comes to voice. I close my eyes. A cool breeze not blessed from the beauty of the palace chills my neck and in a moment I'm back in those woods.
The dark oaks towering overhead. The small crystals falling from the sky kissing my cheeks, making my entire body wrack with chills.
Tears slide down my rosy cheeks as i pull on the jacket tighter, as if it would provide some sort of comfort.
I remembered that cold, not the cold of the surroundings but the cold that slowly seeped within my hearts every vein. It was torturous.
"If you come with me... I'll give you a life full of care. You're special Ella. You're more special then they ever let on."
I lift my eyes towards the girl in the mirror.
"I hope this isn't a hoax," I finally speak audibly, studying the soft features of my face.
A gentle outlined jaw, a round face. Still young and not fully formed. Naturally dark eyebrows that were well shaped from a recent plucking.
Except then there were the flaws. Eyes hardened with pain. A world of suffering sparkled within those hazel irises.
Hollow cheeks from malnutrition. Stick arms, dark bags beneath my eyes. I looked like a helpless teenage girl, and I hated it. I hated every part of me.
Now, I was a girl adorned with a fine Asgardian gown. It lay like air over my body, every movement made the silk brush against my legs.
It was so foreign, so strange.
"I hope you were right Loki." I murmur against the silence.
I shift against its odd comfort.
Then there's a knock against the towering doors to my left and I jump at the sudden disturbance.
How strange this was.
An American girl caught within a entire new world all because I said yes to a Norse god.

***
A/N: Different take on my original story! Trying to get some actual plot into it now that I understand a bit more. Let me know your thoughts!