Flashback.

It was the afternoon, Kei had been looking for Zui all day but never found him, he found himself waiting for him in front of the school.

"Maybe he went to the store!"
"He probably went to get sweets."
"Maybe he's planning a surprise?"

He thought to himself as he waited and waited.. and waited. Until Zui finally came, but he looked...conflicted.

"Hm? Zui, you look... concerned what's wrong? You've been gone all day, what are you going to do, propose to Kei?"

Kei gave a slight chuckle as he looked at Zui, waiting for a response but all he got was...

Silence.

"Joking...Just Joking."

Zui fixed his sleeve and sighed, He avoided eye contact with Kei.

"Kei...I need you to sit down, i need to tell you something. It's.. important."

He stared as he gestured to the benches, once they both sat down, Zui adjusted himself so he would face Kei, then took his hands and took a deep breath.

"Kei...My mother contacted me today, i... didn't believe it was her, but it was."

He paused for a moment before continuing

"She.. wants me to move in with her."

Kei paused for a moment then slightly turned his head and smiled.

"Zui..from what you told Kei about your mother, she's a horrible person.. i assume you wouldn't choose to go with her right?"

Silence.

"Right Zui..?"

...Silence.

"Zui tell Kei you didn't choose to go with her."

Kei's words slowly started quieter, he took his hands away from Zui, about to ask again, but Zui interrupted him.

"I'm sorry Kei..my Mom is.. important..i haven't seen her in lord knows how long, I'm sorry but..Kei."

Silence, everything went.. Silent. All you could hear was cars passing by, huh you could cut this tension with a fucking knife... The silence broke with Kei, crying. Honestly, he didn't expect this he's been by Zui's side for awhile, yet he still chooses his abusive fucking mother over him? He really couldn't believe it.

"You're bluffing.. right? you're just pulling a..a sick prank on Kei, Please tell Kei this is just a joke."

"I'm sorry Kei, i really am."