Chapter 5: "Mystery Game"

Start from the beginning

"..."

"Another thing to add is the drug from the organization. Since it's mentioned with such detail, then the organization obviously plays a bigger role other than providing the drugs. If we think about it, one of the motives could be to prevent the victim from doing something with the drugs or that the victim failed to pay them or do something for them."

"Elaborate."

"Since he's trying to recruit his relatives and colleagues, he's also sharing information about the organization by doing so. He has failed to recruit them because some of them are his enemies, which means these enemies can out him. So the organization took care of him to prevent him from spilling any more information."

"..."

Vincent suddenly stopped the car and parked, surprising Akio.

"U-Um..."

"What another pleasant coincidence." Vincent suddenly says, the grip on his steering wheel tightening. "I also thought the same."

"..."

"..."

Vincent sighs. "But there's no evidence. Just speculation."

"Oh..."

"There's still so much missing. Nothing is positive yet."

"..."

"..."

"Hehe." Akio suddenly giggles, grabbing Vincent's full attention. The mask hid his smile but it was obvious Akio was happy about something. "I can't believe we thought the same. I had a lot of fun with the deduction and listening to the scenario. Thank you so much for inviting me to play."

Vincent gulps, averting his gaze. "N-No problem..."

Now that he observed Daniel more, he didn't seem awkward or timid anymore when it came to his interest. He's much more lively and engaged, especially when it comes to mysteries and puzzles.

Akio asks. "So...is this a tie?"

Oh right, the mystery game.

Vincent thought about it. "I suppose so..."

"..."

Akio laughs gently. "You don't look satisfied. You wanted to win badly, huh?"

"..." Vincent turns a little red. He couldn't help it. "Y-You..."

"Is something wrong?"

"From this day onwards, you are my rival."

"...Eh?"

To be able to deduce something quickly with such detail and thought, Jackson and the rest weren't lying when they said Daniel's deductive ability is impressive and keen. It is absolutely no joke and Vincent couldn't avoid also wanting to test Daniel's physical abilities and spar with him.

"We're at the address you mentioned by the way." Vincent announces.

Akio turns a little flustered and opens the door, one foot out the car.

"We'll be playing a lot more mystery games." Vincent suddenly says with a smile.

Akio shivered.

Vincent hums. "Brace yourself."

After saying goodbye, Vincent finally zooms off to his workplace. Akio is left there, still trying to digest the declaration and everything that just happened. In the end, there was only one thing he could say.

"...I don't even know his name."

And he wants to be rivals!!?

No, no, no! This isn't what he expected!

I didn't make a friend, I made a rival!? Are my social skills that bad!? It's because I didn't introduce myself isn't it!? I should've introduced myself! How in the world did it come to this!? We just met a few hours ago and we're already rivals and we don't even know each other's name! Maybe I should be thankful he didn't declare me as an enemy instead. How am I going to explain this to my sister? Onee-san, I made a rival today instead of a friend. NO!!!

Akio drags himself home, internally crying.

However, there is a certain activity he looks forward to.

The mystery game.

It's a lot of fun with that man called Vince. That's what his friend a few hours ago called him, right? Hm, so he has a name for him now. Akio hopes they'll meet again soon so that Akio can introduce himself.

Although, he wonders how they will meet up without exchanging contact information...

Oh well, maybe they'll meet under coincidence again.

He can't wait to hear another scenario.

~~~~~~

Hello everyone!

How is the mystery game so far?

I feel nervous all of the sudden...

(╥﹏╥)

And so their rivalry begins...

Akio is terrified, Vincent wants to throw down.

How will this relationship develop, hehe~

Repost Note:

First of all, I would like to apologize for not being able to update yesterday, because I had to attend a really important event and I was so busy preparing everything for the event and didn't have time to log in at all and write anything. So here's a double update! I just got back home and rested for a bit and I was finally able to work on the drafts. Once again, apologies!

Thank you so much for everyone's patience and staying with me! The event was also a success!

Thank you everyone for tuning in today's chapter! Thank you so much for all the support, views, votes and comments! I'll see all of you in the next chapter!