9. Dabi and Deku's conversation.

[Midoriya's POV]

*When the League's members we don't really know start to introduce themselves to Kaminari*

I look in Dabi's direction, he looks at me and gestures me to come and sit next to him, where Toga was previously sitting. I move, trying not to interrupt the others. I want to talk with Dabi, nothing specific, just a simple conversation about anything will be great. When I'm sitting, he just tells me he wants to talk to me about different things, and asks if we could go out. I ask him if there's something I need to worry about, he tells me that it depends on me, and I get worried. He knows me well enough to say I get worried every time someone tells they 'need to talk to me'. We get up, and before we leave, Todoroki speaks to me.

T - "Oi, Midoriya, could you pass me a strong alcohol bottle and a glass? Please don't go easy on me with the drink, I need it."

M - "I'm never easy on you, you know that pretty well, baka. Here, with that you should sleep pretty early."

I give him a strong Whiskey of some sort and leave with Dabi. I don't know what has gotten into him, but since earlier this week, when we told him I was getting Kaminari in the League, he got really weird. He's nicer to me, for what I could notice, he doesn't even spend time with Bakugo much, and he just doesn't pay attention in class anymore. Maybe this is what Dabi wants to talk about, he probably knows something about him. If he doesn't talk about this, I'll ask myself. We sit up on a bench in the courtyard of the bar, and he starts talking.

D - "Okay, there's a few things I need to tell you about. First of all, about your friend, Kaminari Denki. I really hope he will help us at the most. He seems interesting as in a good guy. I wanna know him more. Kurogiri asked me to be the one to train him, you okay with that?"

M - "Of course, yeah, he'll be stronger in no time thanks to you! However, you didn't seem to want to know him, back there..."

D - "Well, you know how of a dick I can be. But for real, I just need to get comfortable near him, and then it'll be fine. I just hope I didn't scared him, poor boy."

M - "He'll be fine, don't worry!"

I laugh. Dabi is the kind of person who has no trust in themselves and hide it behind nastiness. A little like Bakugo, actually. But since I learnt to live with Dabi and like him this way, it doesn't really bother me anymore.

D - "Next topic. You won't like it, and the one after either. It's about Shigaraki."

I swallow hard. I hate how this conversation is turning. I don't want to talk about Shigaraki, not now, and not anymore. He's in my past, and I still feel the bars around me, the bars he had put all around me when we were together. Nonetheless, I can't say no, it seems to be important to Dabi, I can't push him away with that, no matter what had happened to me. I nod for him to continue.

D - "Well, let's say he's not well at all. That day you broke up with him, you didn't know but... He talked to me, about how he was with you, and he was saying how much he hated the way he treated you. He wanted to change and asked me for advices. The fact that you broke up with him the same day just broke him inside. He doesn't really eat anymore, he doesn't go out, he just stay locked up in his room all day, and night. He doesn't sleep either. I'm really worried about him and I don't know what to do to help him."

He stops to let me some time to process those new informations. Well, that was kind of a big slap in the face. I didn't really love him anymore when I broke up, but it hurts to know what I've really done to him... I don't know how I feel, and I hate myself a little bit more for that. But what has been done, is done, I can't change the past, I moved on, I'll still won't be able to love anyone for years, maybe forever, and I just wanna die. Let's say I'm not in a great mood either. But it doesn't matter, right? I don't matter.