chapter 24

Mc

I was miserable five months pregnant and I was limited to what I could. I didn't expect Dan to show up just like that ,we were watching a movie. I started thinking, had Dan seen Jake ?
Mc " Jake in the morning i need you to do something for me "
Jake " what is it ?"
Mc " find out if Dan visited Hannah "
Jake " Why ?"
Mc " i find it weird that he just shows up and not say anything why ? i think he's looking for something or someone if he's been visiting Hannah then he's looking for you "
Jake " I'll speak to Lilly and tell her i want to stop Hannah from having visitors only her mother and father "
Mc " is that possible ?"
Jake " I don't know love I'll talk to the director tomorrow besides it late you need to get to bed "
Mc " okay "
Just i was about to stand up i felt it a kick i think i froze
Jake " Angel are you okay "
As soon as he spoke i felt another kick i just looked at him
Mc " i just felt the baby kick "
Jake " that's not funny "
I felt it again holy shit was it only when jake spoke
Mc " lets go i wanna see something so i walked into the room with him behind me i put him to sit on the bed and i stood Infront of him i took his hands and placed it on my stomach i didn't say anything after a while he looked at me
Jake " what are you doing angel ?"
I could tell from the look on his face he felt it
Jake " Did that just really happen ? Shit again , How ?"
Mc " I don't know but usually when you're close to me and you're talking he or she moves "
He had this weird look on his face
Jake " that would be my princess , i love you angel "
Mc " How will you explain to our child why you call me angel ?"
Jake " when my princess is older I'll tell her everything "
Mc " So you're convinced it's a girl ?"
Jake " yes but a boy is good too , come on let's get you to bed" after he tucked me in he laid with me until i fell asleep i was happy i couldn't ask for anything more

Jake

I was surprised to feel that movement every time i spoke our child moved i laid with her until she fell asleep after i was sure she was asleep i left her and went to my office i left the doors open so i could see her before i got to the office my phone started ringing it was mac
Jake " yes mac "
Mac " I'm outside your apartment I don't want to knock in case I wake her up "
Jake " I'm coming "
I walked out to the door she was still asleep i opened the door and he was standing there
Jake ". What's wrong ?"
Mac " She was right she saw him but today isn't the first time in the past five months he's been here about ten times just standing outside looking in "
Jake " shit that day when we came back from the island you saw him didn't you ?"
Mac " yes i did but i didn't think he would be a threat "
Jake " when he was here did he ever see me ?"
Mac " no "
Jake " she has this idea that he's looking for me and visiting Hannah "
Mac " that could be possible ,does anyone in Duskwood talk about you and mc ?"
Jake " no they don't mention anything about me just her "
Mac " well she may be right you'll need to contact your boss for more information "
Jake " thank you mac "
After he left i went to check on her she was still asleep so i headed back to my office and opened my computer it was ten in the evening i dialled the director
Director " Good evening what can i do for you Jake "
Jake " i need to find out if Hannah donfort had any visitors and what their conversations were about "
Director " you're the hacker aren't you "
Jake " yes i am but I need to let you know first I can't just hack into the federal institute archives I don't have time to go to jail for it now "
Director " very well but you'll need this password most of the archives has a different password You'll need to use this one write it down "  FIA790B2"
Jake " thank you Director and sorry for disturbing you "
After a short conversation about work i hung up and got started i started digging it didn't take me long to find the entry log for all the visitors she's had i stopped there was her father and mother , Lilly visited her once and so did Thomas and the others but Dan has been there more than ten times i downloaded the log i visited the video archive and found all the videos for her i downloaded all of them . I wanted to watch them but not without her. I stopped hiding things from her but I didn't want to have her stressed in her condition. I'll decide in the morning after i finished downloading and saving everything i closed my laptop and went to bed .

Mc

I came awake when i felt his hands and head on my stomach i didn't know what time it was so i kept my eyes closed and just listed
Jake " Angel are you awake ?"
I didn't answer
Jake " I need you to be a good girl princess "
I felt the movement. I wanted to say something but I didn't. I could let him have this.
Jake " i can't wait to meet you ,i know you'll look exactly like your mother, I'll always be here to protect both of you, I'll never leave you I'll be the best Dad there is ,I'll spoil you so much but I'll have competition .your grandparents are going to love you so much , i love your mother so much she doesn't know how much . My father was never present but I'll always be here . I never had both parents but you will have so many people who will love you , I'll probably have to fight Phil . i want you to have a brother or a sister we'll be happy all of us princess daddy loves you both of you "
I think I stopped breathing because I wanted to cry. I just turned slightly and he stopped talking and moved away from me all the while he was talking.The baby was moving Apparently he or she likes his voice .
Mc " jake "
Jake " Yes angel, are you awake ?"
Mc " what time is it ?"
Jake " it's six love "
Mc " why are you awake so early ?"
Jake " too much on my mind "
I wouldn't say anything
Mc " you found something didn't you ?"
Jake " yes but it's too early for that we'll talk about it later "
Mc " jake ".
Jake " yes love "
Mc " can you just hold me ".
Jake " you know you don't have to ask"  he pulled me closer to him and held me
Mc " i love you , I'll always love you nothing will ever change that "
Jake " i love you too and thank you for coming into my life  angel "
Mc " thank you for letting me be in your life "
He just held me tighter.