17: Day 19: Makers and Destroyers

Tuesday Morning

It was late when I finished asking all my questions, though I was interrupted from time to time by Dylan nipping or licking at my neck. That was one of my questions, too. I tasted like sugar, according to him. Of course, I blushed even more and he continued for a few minutes before letting me resume asking questions, once I calmed.

Among the questions that I asked were a few that made him bristle, others that made him laugh and even more that made him blush. That was honestly my favorite part, watching him blush.

After all my questions were asked, he pilled me closer to him and then down, laying on the bed. He tangled his legs with mine and brushed his fingers over the back of my neck ever-so-lightly. I shivered slightly and he smiled, pulling my waist closer and resting his head on my shoulder. At that point, my heart was beating quickly. Even so, I had fallen asleep.

And now, I have just woken up, pressed against Dylan's chest. He has his wings wrapped around us and brush my fingers against them, wondering. I was always wondering.

I got a sudden idea then, a rather embarrassing one that I surely wouldn't carry out. I wanted to run my fingers along his wings, watch him struggle with himself as I skimmed my fingers just around the outside of the mark. His heart would be beating hard and he would gasp when I skimmed my fingers against the mark before he would surely tackle me.

I blush brightly at the thoughts. That would be taking advantage of him, not that he doesn't take advantage of me. But... I'm led to believe that I was still afraid, really, of what he could do.

I lightly rub my fingers against his wing tip and he shifts slightly, his feathers ruffling.
ran my fingers down, over the top part of his wings. He shifted a bit more, his wing moving away from me.

I chuckle lightly and reach out again, brushing my fingers against the interior of his wings.

Suddenly, his wings snap closed around us pulling me snugly against his chest. I look up and blush brightly, seeing Dylan's eyes opened and focused on me, his mouth turned up in a smirk.

"If you wanted me to wake up," he says and lightly kisses my ear, "you could've just asked."

Dylan gently nibbles on my ear and I close my eyes, my cheeks burning. "S-sorry," I stutter, shifting a bit and pushing my hand against his face. "Don't eat my ear so early," I complain, opening my eyes again and looking at him. "It's mean," I say and chuckle.

Dylan smiles and lightly kisses my palm. "If you so wish, Lover Boy," he says and removes my hand from his face.

"Whyyyy do you keep calling me that?" I ask and headbutt his chest. He laughs a bit,

"Because it suits you," he states and loosens his wings from around us. "You want some food?"

"Depends," I say and then mutter, burying my face in his chest, "What food?"

Dylan chuckles and presses his lips to my ear again, nipping it lightly. I blush brightly and he whispers, "All sorts of food," in a rather suggesting tone.

I shiver and push his face away again. "That's not what I meaaaaaant," I say and pout, looking at him, my cheeks still burning.

He smirks down at me. "Maybe not, but it's what you want."

I blush even more and he chuckles, pulling me up and out of bed, leaving his trench coat in the room as we walk out, me following him. Goddamn him and his seductiveness.

~~

Later on in the morning, while I was sitting against a wall and reading, which now seemed so normal it was out of place, Dylan told me that he was going out to pick up a few things.

Of course, when I asked what things he wouldn't say.

Now, sitting here without him, I'm lonely, of course. I feel stupid that I've become so dependant on him.

I look down at the words on my page and they seemingly just melt together since I had been looking at then for so long.

I bookmark my spot and close the book, sighing to myself when I hear a crash.

Crashes, so far, never ended well.

I stay where I am, looking for a place to hide. My initial instinct is to go check out the sound, but that never ends well for people.

I finally decide to hide under the bed, since that seems like the only hiding place there is. Sure, it's dusty but that doesn't really matter to me.

I wait for a few minutes, not really hearing anything at first. Soon after another minute passes, I hear a single footstep and a hissing sound, quiet and is something was being released rather than a snake.

I see a pair of shoes in the doorway and they look familiar. I try to think of where I saw them before, but before I can I start to become drowsy, my limbs becoming weak. Why? What? No no, no.

I try to push myself up but find that I don't have enough strength. I hear a muffled voice and try to fight back when I'm dragged out from under the bed, my vision going blurry.

I look up as something is stuck into my mouth, up at the face of a child.

No, not just a child.

"Mine," she says sweetly, smiling innocently.

The nixie.

My vision and my mind goes black shortly after that.