Chapter 9

Sorry for not updating i've been taking a workshop for school and have been working outside helping my parents get are farm ready, but here's two chapters.

I when I woke up I got dressed and went to the main room and Alex was sitting on the couch next to Sam, Jade and a couple of other girls I’d never seen before.

“Hey Rose.” He said from the couch smiling.

“Hey, I have to go to check in.”

“Okay, I’ll stay here and we can hang out when you get back.” When I got to the school there was no line. ‘Weird, I didn’t get up late’. I thought to myself. I walked in and went to my room and sat on the bed. An hour past and Gene didn’t come. I got up and walked around the school but I couldn’t find him. I went to the teachers’ lounge and opened the door a crack there were doctors their but I didn’t see Gene. But then one of them said something.

“Yeah I heard they took him away as soon as he got here this morning.”

“What did he do?”

“No one knows.” I ran I didn’t have time to think, I just ran home as fast as I could. When I got inside they all stared at me, except for Alex who was talking to Sam.

“Alex.” He looked at me, I tried to stay calm. He got up and walked over to me.

“I’ll see you guys later.” He told the people he was talking to. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to my room. “Is something wrong?”

“I think…”

“You think what?”

“I think they took Gene.”

“What?”

“I overheard some doctors talking about how they came and got someone when he got there this morning.”

“How do you know their talking about Gene?”

“Because, he didn’t show up to my check in,”

“Where did you overhear the doctors?”

“I went to the Teachers’ lounge to see if he was there and over heard them talking.”

“Why did you go to the teacher’s lounge?”

“I wanted to see if he was in there in case he fell asleep or something. I opened the door a crack to look in and didn’t see him in there.”

“Did you look in the rest of the school?”

“Yeah, he wasn’t there.”

“We should check my house, he might have gone home.” We left my house (which made all the girls that he was talking to pretty mad) and went to the school.

“What are we doing here?” I asked him.

“We need to go through a door.”

“Why?”

“We’ll have less of a change being noticed.”

“Okay.” We went through a back door and I followed him to his house. He opened the door and went in to Gene’s room while I waited in the kitchen. “Was he in there?”

“No, he’s not here.” He sat down at the table and put his face in his hands.

“Is there anywhere else he would go?” I said and sat down next to him.

“No, we don’t go anywhere else.” I pulled his hands away from his face and pulled him into a hug. “They took him.” He pulled away from me.