Kongpob Rojnapat-Suthiluck

Kongpob Rojnapat-Suthiluck arrives early to our meeting, offering me a bright smile as he drops his briefcase on the table, shucking off his coat and asking if I mind if he removes his tie. I reply in the affirmative and he casually drapes the material over the arm of the couch as he sits down, commenting on how comfortable it is and making a note to ask about it's origin later on because, "Arthit would love this!"

The latter is said with a wry smirk and a request that I don't tell his husband what he said (shortly after, he changes his mind, "Because people should know that he's actually a complete softy at heart!") Then Kongpob launches into his thoughts about our topic, despite the fact that I am there to interview him! "Sorry, sorry," he says, explaining that since his university days he's been used to taking charge and that since moving up to become the CEO at Siam Polymer (his family's extremely successful company) things have not changed.

"I have a tiny amount of control-freak in me," he laughs, and then quickly recounts a couple of events at which his husband has had to remind him that they were there to socialise and to leave the hard work to their hired staff! But really, after less than twenty minutes in his presence, I feel inclined to write that I believe it's more his caring nature that leads to these happenings. Since he arrived early, he's also offered to pour my tea and has picked up my notes when I accidentally knocked them off the table (distracted by his rather attractive laugh - apologies in advance to Mr Arthit Rojnapat-Suthiluck whom I will be interviewing next week).

Anyway, Kongpob is not here to talk about his control-freak nature, he's actually here to share the exciting news that after a long and difficult wait, he is about to become a father for the first time! Always thinking of his husband, he confesses, "Arthit agreed I could share the news first, since I'm here this week and he's not free to meet with you right now. But we're both overjoyed and are certain that our new family member will fit in perfectly with us."

He declines to share their method of conception, but does want us to note that he and Arthit have been extremely impressed with everyone who has been involved in the process. Long time cat owners, ("They were great practise! Have you ever had a needy cat meow at you for an hour until you get up and feed it?") Both Kongpob and Arthit plan to take several months away from the office once their child joins them, "But it's okay, because my father has agreed to step out of retirement for the period I will be absent, so the control-freak in me will cope!"

It has been almost a decade since Kongpob announced his relationship with Arthit, stunning the business world by posting a photo of them in an intimate embrace at a friend's party. "Oh, yeah. That picture almost ended our relationship," he admits, grinning, "but somehow, I salvaged it and we were stronger for it."

Perhaps it was the diamond studded engagement ring Arthit was seen sporting the following week, l suggest, but Kongpob frowns and shakes his head, "No, truly, if anything, that made it worse. Arthit and I have been together since my first year at uni," he explains, surprising this journalist with his candid truth, "So he's used to my ridiculous declarations.. though of course I'm quite used to him being spontaneous too!"

Knowing how reclusive Arthit Rojnapat-Suthiluck is, I press for him to share a little more, but all he will say is, "Maybe next week, ask him about The Rama 8 bridge?" He shoots me a sly smile and insists that if Arthit is forthcoming, it will be well worth the terror of actually asking him. While I nod along, I'm not certain I'm going to do it (I guess you'll have to read next week's article to see if I did!) and instead turn the conversation back to his impending fatherhood.

"Yeah, I'm nervous I suppose, but Arthit and I have been looking after our many god children for a long time since we seem to be quite popular amongst our friends, and I think we'll be fine. We're going to have to fight off our mothers with sticks to keep them away at first to be honest and I think, probably, our fathers too!"

I suggest that having support is no bad thing when caring for a baby for the first time and he smiles ruefully, "I suppose you're right, I imagine it's going to be a bit like the time I had to nurse Arthit back to health when he damaged his feet being an idiot in uni." There's a look of longing on his face and I want to pursue that thought, but I can see that it's a treasured memory he is not going to share. So, with a whispered goodbye, I quietly slip away, leaving Kongpob Suthiluck, heir and CEO of one of the most profitable businesses in Thailand, looking like a young man in love.

And I suppose, at only 30, he rather is!

Next week, read my exclusive interview with Arthit Rojnapat-Suthiluck, in which he shares a never before heard exclusive story about his relationship with his incredible husband!