Chapter 24: The Dragon's Letter

Start from the beginning

"You're not mad," He suddenly said. His poker face was looking at me, and surprisingly, it's not a serious nor cold gaze. Although he looks stiff, his looks felt naive to me. "You don't look mad," he said. I know that he was talking about our conversation a while ago.

I'm actually surprised by this.

I mean-- Wow Your Grace, you're considering my feelings?

However, Let's answer his statement honestly.

I took a deep sigh. "I'm not mad at you, but I'm annoyed that I wanted to slap you," I replied truthfully to him, without any hint of being scared despite his position as a Duke. "Of course I won't do that. It's not because you're a Duke or something but because I don't have a right to do that."

"I will let you slap me," He suddenly replied. I almost choked when he said that, but looking at his face, he's f*cking serious. 

"How about you translate what you said a while ago, Your Grace?" I asked, but he remained silent. It's like he's telling me that 'I won't tell you'.

Guess I can't make him tell me.

I puffed my cheeks as I slapped my forehead. "I won't slap you, but your daughter might do it..." I calmly said, changing the topic.

"..." He didn't answer for a second. His eyes fell to the tray at the mini table. "Okay, I will tell her tomorrow," He said. "I'll let her slap me," My eyes went wide when he said that.

Wut? U serious bro?

"You're... you're really serious about that?" I asked nervously. I have witnessed how powerful Maria's slap is... many times, I mean... she's seriously looking villainous whenever she does that, and even if I only witnessed that powerful slap, I know that it's freaking painful!

That face might bleed and I'm serious!

"Indeed," He paused, "She might even do it tomorrow without me telling her..." He calmly as if it's nothing, but his statement made me serious. "I am certain about it," he said.

"O-oi, why?" I asked him. "What are you talking about? Are you planning to upset her?" I suddenly asked, there was a hint of displeasure in my voice. He raised his head to look at me but he averted it immediately.

I can feel that something bad might happen...

"I know that you wanted to roam at my duchy tomorrow. However, I won't let you," He suddenly said with a stern voice. A frown appeared on my face but I'm still waiting for his explanation. "At least not tomorrow," He said.

"Why?"

My eyes went to his chest when the Duke took something on his chest pocket. It's a letter, and there was a Golden Dragon seal on that envelope. I gulp immediately when I understand what the Duke wanted to tell me.

Don't tell me...

The Current king...

T-the Male Lead...

Prince Ian... No scratch that, it's King Ian.

"F*ck, you will really get a slap, Your Grace," I said while staring at the envelope. I quickly stand up to snatch the letter. "Your Grace... His Highness... will attend the festival?" I asked.

"Indeed," The Duke replied with a nod. "Not only him, but he's coming with his son, the Crown Prince," The letter in my hands fell when the Duke mentioned that. "I am aware that you know the past relationship between my daughter and the current king,"

Crown Prince...

I suddenly felt a pang of pain in my chest when I remembered something.

"The King found out the return of my daughter. He wanted to confirm it but I won't let him see my daughter. Since you are planning to stay here until tomorrow, I hope that you will accompany Maria."

Right, Duke Evan is a powerful figure...

But a king is a king.

"I'll inform her about this," I said. Although I know that Maria doesn't have any feelings for King Ian anymore, I know that she's still affected by this matter. However, I won't let her become oblivious to the King's arrival tomorrow.

She deserves to know it and I know that she can handle it well. Maria is an improved person now, I know that this won't easily affect her.

But what matters to me the most is not Maria knowing the arrival of the King tomorrow.

It's GABRIEL ALSO COMING HERE TOMORROW!

DAMN, F*CK, SH*T!

I bite my nails while thinking of that accurate possibility. My brother will come here tomorrow, without any doubt! I am sure of it!

AH! That little rascal is still jealous of the ML King! Although Gabriel doesn't usually show it. There was actually a poster of King Ian in his room and he is targeting it with his darts! At this point, I am scared that Duke Evan is not the one who will raise a rebellion...

My Brother might do it first!

"Woh! Calm down Gabriella," I said to myself. 

Gabriel is a logical person, he may be a brat but he is a logical person. He won't do anything that might cause harm to his beloved. That's right, He won't do it.

When I calmed myself, I decided to inform the Duke that my brother might come tomorrow as well. However...

"Your Grace, My brother---" I stopped talking when I saw the Duke wiping his lips. He glanced at me with a stiff yet confused look. My mouth gaped a little bit. "Your Grace...?" I uttered. My eyes fell to the tray at the mini table.

Nothing is left on the tray! No food, no rice! The plates are even clean! Even the glass of water is empty! I could only look suspiciously at the man in front of me but he is only showing a sign of an elegant handsome daddy.

"It's delicious," He said while crossing his legs. 

"T-thank you...?"

Did he just... ate it fast? or I am just too preoccupied?

••••••

Some Random Scenes:

3 years ago:

"F*ck Gabriel! What are you doing to Prince Ian's poster?!" I shouted at my brother when I saw him playing darts, but the target is the poster of the freaking Crown Prince!

Gabriel glanced at me.

He suddenly gave me a naive smile that could make you feel chills, "That's a prince?" He asked, then he throws a dart exactly at the poster of Ian's forehead. "I thought that he's a target..."

Just a month ago:

"You still have that poster?! What if someone sees it?!" I shouted at my brother while pointing at the poster.

"I forgot to remove it" Brother replied. He quickly removed the poster and throw it at his trash can.

I was about to sigh in relief but he suddenly took out another poster of King Ian and placed it on his wall. "I forgot that I have a new one. Thanks for the reminders, Sister," Then he grabbed a dart and targeted the forehead of King Ian at the poster.

"...."