Back

You went back to the castle after you were checked up on again. You were with Error and Horror. "Error? You got any knitting stuff?"
"kn-i-it-ting?"
"Knitting. I wanna make something for a friend." You'd noticed Dusty was still wearing your gift, and you wanted to something for Phantom. You wanted to make something for everyone, but you would start with the ghostly brother of Dusty's since he was your bestest friend. "i n-ne-v-ver knew y-ou k-nit."
"Not much to do in the Void."

《|》

You chose orange and red. You decided to make it patchy.. kinda. The colors would blend together. You started immediately. "i don't understand how you can do that."
"Patience." You hummed as you started adding orange to the scarf. For Horror.. maybe an axe handle holder? Red and black for the colors? Maybe. For Error a new shirt. His was all ripped and torn. Red and yellow? Killer.. hm. A new knife handle? Black and white colors. Then there was Nightmare.. a cape. Like the king that he said he was! Dark purple with golden trim, cyan blue on the inside to match his eye. Perfect. You smiled. It was to bad that Phantom couldn't actually wear it. Dusty probably would wear it for him.

《|》

It was Nightmare and Dusty's turn today. All through Killer's turn you kept to your new project and the same for today. It was nearly done. A scarf was alot easier than Dusty's jacket and would be done today. Dusty wasn't really paying attention, or at least he didn't seem to be. He was texting on his phone or something. Phantom was floating around him as usual, also paying attention to the phone. Great! "what is that?"
"A gift." You hummed. Your thoughts started to wander. You wondered why the anons and anomalies didn't find you in Dusttale. So you decided to ask. "Dusty? Why didn't the bad things find us in your au?"
"he's in a bad mood today, i suggest not talking to him toda-"
"i suspect it's because of the core. because it's active in my world, they couldn't break through the 'barrier', the magic waves that the core gives off." He explained. You sort of understood. "So.. the CORE is to strong for them?"
"yes."
"But there's no CORE here."
"also yes." Nightmare watched the back and forth, a little startled. "what happened in dusttale?"
"Oh! Dusty, Phantom! Look!" You held up the now finished product. As Dusty put down the phone. His and Phantom's eyes went wide. "HUMAN.. IT'S.." Dusty smiled. "i rarely see him speechless. he loves it." Dust took the scarf. He pulled off the old red one. "hold this for me.. ok?"
"I'll keep it safe. I promise." He hummed as he wrapped the new scarf around his neck. "comfortable. like the jacket."
"I LOVE THE COLOR SCEME!"
"That's great! I'm glad you love it! Up next is Horror's new axe handle!"
"you making everyone something?"
"of course!"

《|》

A few weeks went by and you were almost done with the holder. It was a little complicated, but it was almost done. For now you were taking a small break, watching your favorite child show. You'd been very busy and needed it. Before you even realized, your eyes were closing, sleep consuming you entirely. Killer didn't even notice. Not until Dust came in. "very invested in that show, hm?"
"hm, what? oh. what're you doing in here?"
"going to tuck [Y/N] in. been so busy, she passed out on you."
"wait seriously?" Killer looked over to see that you were, in fact, out like a light. "... what made you all buddy, buddy with her anyway? thought you hated humans."
"..." Dust chose to ignore the question, instead picking you up and propping your head on his shoulder. He walked you out of the living room, passing Horror on the way. "wait a damn minute-" Once more Dust ignored him and made his way to the bedroom wing of the castle. Error was about to go into his bedroom before he saw Dust with you. "d-d-drop the k- beep- I'd now!" Dust grumbled, something about them waking you up before shutting them out of your bedroom. With those annoyances temporarily out of the way he tucked you into your [F/C] blanket and placed your favorite stuffed to beside you. "Sleep tight, kiddo.."  He couldn't help smiling fondly before teleporting off to his own room for the night.