New Feelings and Approaching Dark

They finally arrive in Cai Yi Town, and went to Biling Lake to investigate. While reaching the middle of the Biling Lake the weather suddenly turned gloomy and the water dark. Chilly winds started blowing.

"Be careful everyone" commanded Lan XiChen

Everyone turned serious and cautious. Suddenly Wei jumped on Lan Wanji's boat splashing water on him. He drew his sword and slashed a water ghost hiding under it.

Impressed Lan ChunAi for the first time spoke to Wei Ying "How did you know there was a water ghost hiding under it." 

To say Wei Ying was happy would be an understatement. He lit up like a Christmas tree and began to explain in a mature way.

"Lan Zhan's boat only had one person in it so there should have been less weight but it was deeper in the water as if there were two people on it, which could only meant that there would be a Water Ghost underneath it. Hence I went there."

Suddenly more and more Water Ghosts appear, and the group continue to try their best at knocking them off their boats.

Lan Wang Ji having noticed Wei Wu Xian's sword asks "what the name of the sword?"

"Suibian (whatever)" 

Lan Wang Ji thinking he is teasing him glares at him

"NO NO really It's Suibian. Actually when uncle Jiang FengMian bought me this sword I thought long and hard about what I should name it. After thinking for several minutes I couldn't think of any good name and said Suibian and since I couldn't come up with anything good I decided to name it Subian"

Irritated with his choice of name Lan Zhan ignored him for the rest of the journey.

As the group continues,  suddenly a loud groan was heard.

Jiang Cheng was attack by the Water Ghosts. Fearful for Jiang Cheng's life Wei shouted his name in a frantic manner but couldn't see him due to fog.

"I'm fine Wei" came Jiang Cheng's voice.

When the fog cleared they saw Wen Qing treating his wound. Wei Wu Xian and Lan Wang Ji fly over to Lan ChunAi and Jiang Cheng respectively as their boat was attacked from a Water Ghost.

The air around them turned harsh, the water turned more troubled and the boats become more shaky causing Lan Chun Ai to hold onto Wei Ying for support for a second.

They soon discover that there are numerous Water Ghosts lurking in the water and they all seem to be coming together and attacking them.

"Listen people I think that all the Water Ghosts are gathering into one to become the Aqua Demon" Said Wei Ying Loudly.

"Young master Wei is right. Everybody on your swords now. We need to abandon our boats" commanded Lan XiChen

And so the group members all fly off their boats to escape from the Aqua Demon but soon realize that both young master Wen and a gusu Lan disciple are trapped in the boat while the Gusu lan disciple went to rescue Wen Ning but couldn't do so.

Seeing the situation getting out of hand Wei Ying decides to go and help them, however loses balance when he becomes shocked from Wen Ning's eyes turning white.

Just as he was about fall down  Lan Zhan saves them by holding on to Wei's collar.

"Ah... Lan Zhan can you release my collar and instead hold my hand. I'm kinda suffocating" 

"I don't like to touch people"

"But I'm your friend right so-"

"Wei WuXian stop blabbering" came Jiang Cheng's thundering voice