Chapter 2 ~ Going Home

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm constantly beeping. I smashed the snooze button in a desperate attempt to shut it off. It finally shut itself off and I snuggled into my bed, but before I got time to even shut my eyes, Taylor came running into the room and started jumping up on my bed yelling ‘ We’re going home’ ‘We’re going home’, continuously. That when it occurred to me that we are going home today, back to Australia.

I jumped out of bed and rushed to my suitcase and picked out a basic outfit. It consisted of a plain white mid drift and dark denim jeans with my favourite set of black gladiator wedges. I went into the bathroom and curled my hair, letting it cascade down my back. I packed up all of my toiletries and shoved them in my suitcase. I zipped up my suitcase and rolled it out into the corridor of the hotel.

2 minutes later, Taylor walks out the door wearing black pants, black shirt with ‘Coming now’ in white writing on it and commando black boots on as well as a black cardigan. She had her hair straightened, she looked great.

We walked down to the lobby with our luggage in tow. We wheel our suit cases to the of the lobby, where everyone else suitcases were. We see everyone in line for the buffet breakfast. We get in line for the buffet and find Justin sitting down at a table waiting for us. He was wearing salmon pants and a light blue shirt as well as, white converses.

We talk about what it is going to be like when we get back because right now in Australia it is summer holidays. This is where we get 6 weeks off school. We are all excited for starting grade 11 when we get back. There is only a week left of holidays so we will be enjoying the freedom while it lasts.

All of a sudden we get called to get on the bus. It is currently 4:40, so we should make it to the airport at about 5am. On the bus ride, both teams talked and we played a big game of would you rather, which seemed to past the time, as we were at the airport in no time at all.

We all line up for check in. once thought we go down stairs to customs, where they check all of our carry-ons. We all make it through without a problem and head to our gate. 5 minutes after we got there, we boarded the plane. I took my seat in between Taylor and Justin and went to sleep.