Chapter 1 ~ Australia has won

I looked around the stadium and watched everyone cheer. It was a penalty shootout for Australia and there was about 1 minute left on the clock. As it stands the score was tied on 2 apiece. I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. I was now up to me.

The sweat dripped down my face, using my sleeve, I wiped it off. I concentrated hard and blocked all of the noise around me. My heavy breathing was now all I heard in my head. I stared at the goal trying to in line. In one simple movement the ball went straight through the air in to the top left hand corner of the goal.

A huge roar came from the crowd. As I turned around I saw my whole team including my coach run towards me. My teammates and I were jumping around hugging each other. We shake the other team’s hands and packed up our stuff as we exited the field.

We headed back to the bus, where the boys team was. We have been on tour for about 2 months playing different countries. This was our final game and we were excited to be heading home. My 2 best friends, Taylor and Justin came and hugged me and we chatted all the way to the hotel.

Taylor is 15 and is a loving soul. She is the goalie on the same team as me. She has brown hair with some gold streaks in it. I would describe her type of clothing hip and trendy. She has been my best friend for about 3 years now. We met at a tryout and hit it off from there.

Justin is 15 as well and is funny and crazy just like me. He is on the boy’s team, he is a midfielder. He has bright blue eyes and brown hair. He has a very sporty type of fashion sense, which makes perfect sense because he plays a lot a sports and therefore is really fit. We met on the tour and hit it off, he is my second best friend but he lives in Brisbane compared to Sydney like me and Taylor.

Now would probably be a good time to introduce myself. Hi my name is Brooke Grace Lawrence. I am 15 years old. I am the captain of the under 16 Australian soccer team. I have blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I classify my clothing style as cute and trendy. I am shy when I first meet some but then once I get used to them I open up and outcomes by funny, crazy, talkative side of me. I have been playing soccer since I was 3.

My dad loves soccer and he has played it since he was young. He was on the Australian team in 1983 and boy he doesn’t let me forget it. I have 1 older brother, Ben, who is 20 years old and a younger sister, Lassie, who is 13.

Ben plays for the professional Australian men soccer team. I love when he comes home and teaches me new tricks and talks about being on tour.

Lassie is also into sports. She takes after my mum in that she loves to play volleyball. My mum also played for Australia in volleyball when she was younger.

I love soccer with a passion and I have love it for a long time. I am in grade 10 at Claremont High School in Sydney. I am an outcast because all of my spare time is training and sports. A lot of the girls hate me because all of the boys want to get into my pants. I hate it. To tell you the truth I would rather be invisible then to get all the attention. Taylor is my only friend at school.

We arrived at the hotel and we all went to our rooms, I shared a room with Taylor. She went straight to the shower; I got ready for my shower and started thinking about tomorrow. Tomorrow I am excited to be heading home to Sydney and to see my family. We are currently in Singapore, which is a 7 hour plan ride home. We leave at 7 am tomorrow morning so we have to be down in the lobby for breakfast at 4 am, so we can have brekkie and board the buses at 4.30 am. We have to be at the airport 2 hours before our plane boards to make sure we can get through customs on time.

Taylor finally got out of the shower and I went in. I washed my hair and hopped out of the shower. I got dressed into my pyjamas and blow dried my hair and quickly braided it.

Taylor was sitting at the two seater table in our room eatung a bowl of weet bix. You see in australia we eat weet bix at any time of the day, breakfast, lunch and dinner. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bowl and the weet bix box out of the cupboreds. I quickly grabbed the milk from the fridge and poured it over my weet bix then joined Taylor at the table.

"So are you looking foward to going home tomorrow?" I asked her

"Yes, don't get me wrong, I love going on tour but I do miss my family as well, what about you?"

"Yes! I can't wait to see my family, well most of them. Ben is still going to be on tour for atleast another month after I get back."

"Well it's getting late, we probbably should get to sleep," Tylor suggested

"Yeah, great idea, I'm so tierd."

We finished our dinner and headed off to bed, where my last though was about home.