Backstories x Revolutions

Start from the beginning

Killua looks past Gon to look at me, our eyes lock for a moment before I raise my eyebrow in question. 

"So (y/n) You come to the Hunters Exam dressed like a boy, befriends all of us and are trusting, what's your story then?" Killua asks almost interrogating me, by the look on Gon's face it looks like he too is intrigued. 

"I'm really not that special, it wasn't until six months ago where I didn't even live on this planet." I shrug my shoulders, it wasn't a big deal or at least it wasn't to me. 

"HUH!?" Killua and Gon lean forward getting a little too close within my personal space bubble. 

I laugh as I could feel a sweatdrop coming on. "Let me explain, I lived on the floating rocks of Jappon, I was in a clan called the Ange." 

Something then clicked in Gon's head, "Oh so that's why you said that was your name when we first met, that's pretty smart (y/n)!" I let out a dry laugh as I nod confirming his analysis. 

"Yes, we as a clan were very secluded and I mean very secluded, so secluded that if anyone wanted to leave the rocks, they were never allowed to return due to the fact that they would have been exposed to the world beyond. In order to leave and gain the approval of the elders and gain their wishes you had to prove to them that you could live beyond the clan."

I open my eyes and look at the two boys seeing if they were really invested in my back story and to prove me wrong, both of them stared back, eyes glistening with interest. 

Grinning, I continue. "So once I became of age I took the test, it was several trials both mental and physical, we weren't granted knowledge from the outside so everything I knew I had rather learned from myself or read in secrecy from the forbidden scrolls that only the elders were allowed to see over."

"Why weren't the people allowed to have certain knowledge?" Gon asks pausing me from my story. 

"Uh, quite frankly I don't know. All I know is that once we're born we're taught to trust the elders and their wise judgment, no one questioned it because I guess there wasn't a need to?" I answer although it came out as a question instead. 

I scratch the back of my head, more questions arise but I try to shake them off. 

"Yeah, kind of sounds suspicious to me. If you ask me, if you want your clan to prosper you would to anything to make your people strong, mentally and physically." Killua states as he puts his hands behind his head and then leans against Gon who in return didn't seem phased. 

"I suppose so, I've thought all about that before, so that's why I left, I wanted to see the world that I knew was out there, knowledge to obtain, people to meet a life to lived. -but the elders rejected me, even though I passed the exam with flying colors they didn't give me their good faith, but I left anyway."

"Why does it matter if you took the test why couldn't you just sneak away?" KIllua asks his eyes closed yet he was still listening. 

"The whole purpose of the exam is to show that you're capable of living on the outside, so the clan doesn't have to worry about their brethren, yet once you leave there is no return. Although, in my entire life I had never seen someone try to come back, so that must mean that the outside world is so great that they don't want to leave."  I smile, my hopes showing on every crevice of my skin.  

Killua opened his eyes and looked at me, his face looked like as if he wanted to say something but decided against it, his eyes telling me to continue. 

"What was your clan like other than that?" Gon asked, his eyes still glimmering. 

"Well we didn't have a religion like some do here, we believed that all of us were living with and for each other, everyone was important in one way or another, we all knew each other by name and respected everyone, we all wore togas and sandals we made from plants. We used all natural resources to live our daily lives. We even loved together if it's what the heart truly felt.