And I Don't Want To Want You

𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚

Grocery shopping the next day, as if I had never met that girl, I felt guilty

Grocery shopping the next day, as if I had never met that girl, I felt guilty. I don't even know the young maiden's name, but I feel for her. I want to know more about her. I believe that it's an extraordinary thing for her if someone just listens to her. That in itself is unacceptable.

She seems untouchable. That dark haired man was at her side everywhere. When she and the man left the cafe, I noticed a buff man in a suit leave his table with them, a security guard. Then as they got into their Rolls Royce, two other guards that were standing outside the cafe entrance followed them in a separate car. Then, their Rolls Royce alone was trailing behind a black Cadillac and another two black Cadillacs behind the Rolls Royce. They had maximum security just for going to a cafe. A cafe god damn it.

The unknown young woman made me want to stay in LA just a little longer. I felt this sudden need to take care of her. I knew all she needed was a warm hug.

I know she has to be at least 18 years of age if she's getting married. But that's about it. Well I also know that her name begins with the letter B. But that doesn't help me much at all.

I brushed the halls of the supermarket, searching for the canned fruits. I just want a fruit cocktail or two. I resorted to just looking at the store directory. This place was mammoth and I did not desire to walk anymore than I had to.

The canned fruits are in aisle 22.

Well, I was just there. How could I have missed it? I do recall the aisle being somewhat crowded as I walked through it a few moments ago. I suppose it's possible that I could've walked right past it.

I held the grocery basket snug to my side as I walked the familiar path back to aisle 22. I could clearly see why they had signs at the top of the aisle, which told you the contents within the row of goods. If only I had read these helpful signs before, I wouldn't have needed to go through the trouble of reading through the directory on the other side of the store. Damn my inability to do the basic necessities of simply grocery shopping efficiently.

I found the correct aisle and looked down the row. I saw the canned goods. The aisle itself was finally empty. Well, it was almost empty. It seemed as if all but one shopper had left the area, and this shopper happened to be right in front of the canned fruit.

I took note of the golden blonde hair that had fallen at her narrow shoulders. An uncertain feeling stirred upon my stomach as I neared the young and familiar maiden.

Her style was nothing but recognisable. As I saw her yesterday in a fully white and baby pink ensemble, today she was pastel green. A loose pastel green university sweater with a rounded white collar, a matching plaid skirt peaking under. Her shoes were shiny white loafers much like the ones I remember her wearing at the cafe yestermorning. Her glowing hair was half up, and at the back was a bun that had been shaped like a layered soft rose.