"Oh, that's why..." I was amazed how my bruises and scratches disappeared in a day.

"I know there's a lot to explain. I'm not forcing you to come with me, the risks just got higher and I don't think you're willing to fight with me."

"I'm really sorry."

"It's okay. We all have to make the choice and you not doing it is not a wrong choice, in fact, there would be no wrong choices here, you're taking your own path and nothing is wrong with that."

That made me feel guilty. She really has her way with words.

"Did I offend you?" She snapped me back into the conversation.

"No, no. So Ken?"

"He's with Hyuk now."

"Hyuk is here?"

"Yeah, he's always around. Don't worry, if anyone shows up. We'll immediately know. And Ken is better now. He'll hold up well until I get back to him, which is by the way at the first room on the first floor, a couple of steps from us."

"You're very confident."

"Ken is capable, and willing, that's his strength."

Again, making me guilty.

"And Hyuk?"

"He's gifted, he's obviously a lot more intuitive than I am, he's very brave, and wise in some of the most cramming of situations, quick to act. Though it's not the most combative gift, yet. But he's around so much, it shows his interest and curiosity about all this."

I used to think that she hates Hyuk, like she was avoiding him purposely and didn't accept his help at first but now, I can tell that she admires that little kid.

"Am I talking too much?"

"No, we talked about a lot of things already, this is not new to me."

She laughed at that, the first time I saw her laugh, "We did! Oh, that was loud."

"Nobody's around anyway."

She fell silent for some time.

"Thanks, Reiko."

"What? No, I should be thanking you! And everyone." I was surprised.

"For being a friend, that is. I can't talk this much with Ken, or Hyuk. You're like...you know, like being a friend better than everyone?"

"Literally, that is a best friend."

"Yeah, you are a best friend."

I can't help but feel special. I was so happy. I don't have a best friend, not even a normal friend at that, and she thinks of me that way, of course, I'm happy!