Padawan

Dakota P.O.V.

I drifted in and out of consciousness over the next few days, never fully waking up. I could feel there were always lots of other people in the room, probably healers. I honestly didn't want to know who it was nor did I care. At this point it seemed they were keeping me alive against my will. After what seemed like eternity of this, somebody woke me up. They gently shook me, and when I opened my eyes they helped me sit up. I saw that it was a healer and tried to stay calm. After giving me some broth and water, she asked me, "There is another Jedi here to see you. Would you like her to come in?" The healer gazed at me gently, sending calming pulses through the force the whole time.

"Yes ma'am. She can come in." I replied trying to remember my manners. Did the same manners apply here? Or was I actually being really rude to them? I didn't know but I figured I may as well try them. The healer got up and walked across the room to open the door. Ahsoka walked in and nodded at the healer, then came to sit in a chair beside my bed. "How are you Dakota?"

"Honestly Ahsoka, kind of done. Why was I brought here?" I sighed.

"Well....." Ahsoka trailed off, "Your past is complicated to say the least."

"Ahsoka, I lived on Earth for 13 years before you brought me here. How is that so complicated?"

"I'm not really supposed to tell you, but I do have some good news for you!" She said, completely changing the subject.

"What news could possibly be better than me going back to my home?"

"The fact that you are going to be a padawan!" Ahsoka tried with a smile on her face.

"So let me clear this up....the council is going to let the girl who attacked them less than 72 hours ago be a padawan?" I said unbelievingly.

"Yes, but they do have a few questions to ask you first...." Ahsoka trailed off.

"Yes, I'm sure they do. You can tell them they can come out of their little surveillance room now." I looked over at what I suspected was the one-way mirror and smirked.

"One second Dakota, let me go get Obi-wan. He wanted to talk to you considering you're going to be his padawan." Ahsoka pressed a button on her wrist, and a minute later Obi-wan walked in, and I was still in shock.

"Wait, what. Slow down here. So you were serious? About me being a padawan? What?" I looked around the room hoping for some clue. I'm not sure what I was expecting to find. A hidden camera maybe? Was this the kind of thing they watched on the holonet?

"The Jedi Order usually doesn't tease people about being padawans Dakota. You will be my padawan, if you can agree to listen to the Jedi. If you can't, then other measures will have to be taken."

"Are you threatening me? Because that sounded like a really nicely worded threat."

"A threat, yes, among other things," Obi-wan responded. "Would you like to be my Padawan or not Dakota," Obi-wan replied as if I was being difficult or something. At this point, I was being difficult wasn't I?

"Before being a padawan, don't I have to a Jedi Initiate?"

"There are exceptions of course, you for example are already of padawan age, and are adept at learning."

"Sir, how do you know I am adept at learning? Didn't you just meet me 3 days ago?"

"It's been a week now Dakota, and I'll explain that later. For now just listen to us."

"No. I won't just listen to you. I would love to be your padawan, that sounds great, but I can't if everybody want me to just listen to them. I need a reason, especially since you just randomly took me from my home. Is that clear?"

"Yes, it seems that is. Very well, Ahsoka will help you move your stuff to your new quarters, and your training will begin soon." Obi-wan turned and walked out of the room I turned and looked at Ahsoka. "Well that was fun wasn't it?" I said lightly.
...........................................................................