Pressure

A/N: So this takes place about 2 months after the last chapter. Dakota has already gotten her new lightsaber crystal, and officially been named a Padawan of Obi-wan.

Sorry about the writer's block I've been having lately....
.........................................................................
I was walking back from combat practice with my new master. I was exhausted after taking out several waves of Anakin's reprogrammed battle droids. I could feel my master looking at me as we walked, however I ignored it. I was still on the adrenaline rush that fighting gave me. I swear on this amount of adrenaline, I could've taken out an entire army of droids. My master however, simply couldn't ignore something. As we neared the quarters, he finally spoke. "Padawan, I sense something is troubling you, would you like to talk about it?" By that time we had entered the quarters and he sat on one couch, and gestured for me to sit on the couch across from him.

"You won't take no for an answer will you Master?" I said as I neared the couch, still hoping there would be a chance for me to escape the awkward moments to come.

"No, I won't Dakota. Please tell me what is troubling you. I sense that there is a heavy burden on your shoulders."

"Well..." I sat on the couch as I trailed off.

"You can trust me Dakota, I promise." He relaxed into the couch, somewhat tired after the rigorous training we went through. I brought my knees to my chest and looked away from him. "I...I don't feel like I belong here. I....What do you want from me?" The words slipped out of my mouth, and I surprised myself with my words.

"What do you mean Dakota? What I want from you is simply what every master wants for their padawan." Obi-Wan's comm lit up, and he got up from the couch and walked over to the door to leave. He glanced over at me one more time before he left, with a look that said 'We will continue this conversation later', then quickly walked out of the room.

I ran into my quarters and shut the door. I slid down, leaning against the door until I was sitting on the ground. I pulled my knees up to my chest and laid my head on them. The pressure of everything was starting to get to me, and I didn't know how much longer I could take it. I was tired of all the stares I got from older Jedi as I walked passed them in the halls. All the conversations that came to a lull as I appeared. Everyone seemed to expect something from me. Ugh, I had to do something to get my mind off life. I sat up and walked over to my bed. I grabbed my knife off of the dresser and flicked it open. The motion felt so comforting to me. I used to use my knife all the time. On camping trips with my dad, sharpening my wooden sword, my knife was like a friend to me. Then I heard Ahsoka come in, and she knocked on my door.

"Hey Dakota! I was going to go for a walk. Do you want to come?"

"Uh, yeah in a second. Do you wanna come in while I get ready?" I quickly hid my knife as Ahsoka entered, because I wasn't supposed to have it anymore. As I slid it into a drawer, Ahsoka walked into the room and sat down on my bunk. She gave me a sideways glance and asked, "Hey you okay Dakota?"

"Oh yeah sorry Ahsoka, I'm fine. Uh, where do you want to go walking?"

"I have someone I want you to meet," she said with a sly grin.