"We can take you on a bigger tour," Marc spoke from the end of the group. He had his spoon on top of his lip and looking down at it cross-eyed. "There are so many activities around here that you can never grow bored."

Brandon nodded sleepily before looking at North. "They have an auto station here. We can work any motors that are not high clearance."

North arched an eyebrow, interest gleaming in his eyes. "Really?"

Corey smiled. "Yeah! There are tailors who are always looking for help, an art center, a swimming pool, gym, planetarium, workshop, library."

And, of course, Kota perked up at that. "Library?"

Nathan snorted. "Always the nerd."

Kota rolled his eyes and sassily responded. "Scholar. Not nerd, Muscle Brain."

Nathan repeated Kota's motions and stuck his nose in the air. "Athlete. Not Muscle Brain."

"Yet they're still both idiots to me," Gabriel deadpanned. Kayli snorted in amusement. 

Victor leaned forward shyly. "Is there a piano or other instruments here?"

Axel nodded. "Yeah. They are in the music center. We'll show you there later."

It was at that time Raven spoke for the first time other than cooing at Corey. "So those nicknames aren't wrong?"

Luke tilted his head in confusion which we were all in. "Huh? What do you mean?"

Raven rested his head on his fist. "Scholar. Bad boy. Charmer. Perfectionist. Those are your real- what do you say- attributes?"

Sean was the one to speak. "Kind of. The Academy built on top of something that we actually liked but they changed it to what they wanted. They made it like that was our only characteristic. Take me for example. I am portrayed as a charmer. I was a natural at charming people because I love seeing them smile. Yet even I don't want to flirt with every person who comes across my sight. I'm more that someone who attracts others."

"The Academy must have been awful for you Prime," Brandon muttered.

Owen nodded. "People always think that we are being pampered for our blood, but they don't see the abuse we go through. They just see the lack of physical labor on our hands or clothes. They don't see the psychological abuse we go through to be trained to be their puppets to breed women."

Owen and Sean shared a sad look before Sean continued. "They don't even let us see our families except for an hour once a year. We haven't even seen our children."

"Children?" Corey gasped sadly. He clung onto Raven who seemed still.

Sean bit his lip. "We're 21 years old. That means we've been sexually active since we turned 18." His words were almost drowned out by the noise of the cafeteria but the toma team seemed to hear every word. "I've been with so many women that I've lost count, and I know that our 'matches'-"he sneered at that word- "resulted in children. I just hoped that our kids were female so they would never go through what we experienced. Owen knows this, but I cry at the thought of my unknown son turning four next year to be tested positive for O blood."

Owen's hand fell on Sean's shoulder as he struggled not to cry in front of us. I felt my breath catch in my chest. I never knew that Sean was going through these emotions. He always seemed so cheerful around us that sometimes we even forgot that he was older than us.

"Oh my god," Corey whispered.

Sean shook his head, trying to give his usual smile that seemed so fake. "It's fine. We can't change anything now, but I'm glad that I no longer have to do what I used to do."

The rest of the meal fell silent, and the next thing I knew we were walking through the hallways toward the training room. I looked at Owen next to me. His eyes were carefully blank, concealed under a mask that hid his true emotions. Noticing that the Toma team were busy talking, I whispered. "How come you two never shared that with us?"

Owen looked at me. A sad emotion passed through his eyes. "We didn't want you to be exposed to our suffering. We knew that you eight would experience the same things we went through. Sean and I- we were used, making us feel disgusted with ourselves. Then the torment we went through at the thought that we brought in a child who will suffer in the future. The knowledge that Sean and I have children in this corrupt world weighs heavy on both of us. We didn't want you guys to go through that when you weren't ready."

"I'm s-" I started but he cut me off.

"No. Don't. We couldn't have done anything," Owen said softly. "Know that Sean and I are glad none of you had your first experience taken forcibly away like us."

A thought popped into my mind. I turned towards him with round eyes. "Is that one of the reasons why you want to join Phoenix forces?"

Owen nodded. "One of many. Sean and I might not have had a choice, but we will do anything, including going to hell, to prevent others to experience the same. They can have a chance now. We can stop the Academy."

Our conversation was cut short when we entered left the building. There was a field that was big with dirt and green grass. To the furthest part was an obstacle course. Scattered across the field were ten other people. I blinked at the sight of varying ages. Half of them were younger than me, maybe around fifteen, while the others were in their mid-twenties to thirties. Their eyes landed on our large group and I felt my anxiety rise up.

The Toma team waved us forward to be among the others while they stayed towards the front. Once we were facing them, Axel stepped forward with a stern expression on his face. "Attention!"

The conversations died around us and all of us were looking at the Toma Team whose carefree or tired expressions were replaced with a trained soldier. "This is Bootcamp. Within this week, we will train you and make you familiar with the Phoenix headquarters. Some of you might be from here originally so I want you to be helpful to those who have recently joined us. If I ever hear of any bullying, you will be punished with twice the amount of exercise and be prevented of joining our military. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Sir!" We yelled out.

"Good," Axel smiled predatorily. "Now get your asses moving and give me ten laps! Welcome to hell."

Breeding in the Academy: Searching for Freedom (All 9)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara