Chapter 4: Reunited

They had been staying in the room for a few days and quickly realized that their food supply was running low. They soon had to face the reality that they had to venture outside to look for food.

"Okay, I want us to stick together no matter what. Keep your weapons loaded and ready in case something happens and get in and get out as fast as you can." Soobin said as he slipped the backpack on.

Yeonjun loaded his last handgun and handed it to Beomgyu.

Beomgyu tucked the gun in his waist band and quickly tied his long hair up in a messy ponytail using a rubber band.

They gathered their weapons and made their way down the stairs and outside. They snuck behind the building and out to the streets.

Instantly they were surrounded by zombies. They quickly pulled their guns and began shooting, zombie heads exploding all around them.

Beomgyu jumped in front of kai and pistol whipped one that was sneaking up behind him cracking its skull as it hit the pavement.

"Woah! Thanks, hyung." Kai chuckled. Beomgyu winked at him playfully before they took off down the nearly empty street.

"Where can we go to look for food?" Beomgyu asked as they hid behind a fence to discuss.

"I think there's a convenience store around this neighborhood, it has a big red sign on the front of it." Yeonjun said scratching the back of his head.

"Oh yeah! I know that one! It's on 5th street by the chicken shop." Kai said as he poked his head up to peer down the street.

"it's down that block on the corner, I think I can see the sign." He said as he squinted.

"Perfect, let's go." Soobin said as they crouched and slid from the other side of the fence back to the street.

They ran across the street and made a left to turn down 5th street like kai had said. They had almost made it to the building when a sudden crowd of the creatures flooded the opposite end of the street.

"Shit, that's a lot of them." Yeonjun said as he readied his gun.

"Are we gonna be able to take all of them on our own?" kai said nervously.

As they got closer yeonjun and Soobin stepped up, their hands tightening around their weapons.

They were about to pull the triggers when suddenly, a figure wearing a mask came barreling down the street, a baseball bat in hand. The figure swung the bat taking out a dozen of the creatures in seconds. He was kinda small and had dark brown hair, he was dressed in a navy-blue wind breaker and dark skinny jeans, white high tops on his feet. He looked quite young, but he seemed to know what he was doing.

The zombies who got closer to yeonjun and Soobin were instantly shot by Beomgyu as they began wiping out the entire street.

The person with the bat struck the final one and made a sound of victory when it crashed to the ground.

The boys huffed in exhaustion as they looked around at the limp corpses around them.

"Damn, we're pretty good at this." Yeonjun laughed making the others laugh too.

"Well so is that guy!" kai said as he waved to the boy across the street.

The boy turned around to face them waving his bloodied hand in a friendly way.

Even though he was wearing a mask, something about the boy seemed familiar to Beomgyu. He stepped forward and looked at the boy.

Suddenly he gasped loudly and ran towards the boy.