Chapter 3: New Friends

"Ow! What the hell?!" a sudden voice cried out from the darkness.

The boys all looked puzzled.

"Kai? Was that you?" Soobin turned to look at kai. Kai raised his brow in confusion.

"No?"

"Hyung, zombies can't talk right?" kai asked as he walked closer to the others.

"Um, no, no they can't." yeonjun said as he lowered his gun.

The figure crawled forward with blood running down his arm.

"Holy shit that's a person!" Soobin yelled.

It was a younger boy with long brown hair, a shimmery purple undertone to it. He was average height and build, looked to be around 17 or 18 like Soobin and yeonjun.

Soobin rushed to the boy to inspect his injury.

"Oh my god! We're so sorry are you okay?!" he knelt down and helped pick the boy up and drag him over to the bed. He sat him against the foot of the bed as the boy clutched his arm.

"Yeah, I think so, it just grazed me... it fucking hurts tho." The boy whined as he continued to press on the gash.

"Shit, I didn't mean to shoot you! I thought you were a zombie." Yeonjun said frantically as he set his gun on the table and grabbed the first aid kit from the backpack before kneeling next to Soobin. Kai followed in case they needed any help.

"it's alright, I don't blame you." The boy said as he huffed out in pain.

"Are you alright? How bad is your pain?" Soobin asked as he opened the small plastic box.

"It hurts a lot; I think I'm losing feeling in my arm, but I can't really tell." He hissed as he breathed through his searing pain.

"Okay, don't worry, I'm gonna get you patched up." Soobin said giving him a warm smile.

He grabbed the small bottle of saline and a package of gauze. He gently grabbed the boy's arm and began cleaning the wound which made him wince and cry out in pain.

As Soobin was wiping up the blood and pressing gauze into the gash he decided to keep the boy talking to distract him from his injury.

"So, what's your name?" he said warmly as he continued to pack the wound with more gauze.

"b... Beomgyu, I'm Choi Beomgyu." He gasped at the pressure on his fresh cut.

"Nice to meet you Beomgyu, I'm Soobin and this is yeonjun and Huening Kai." He smiled as he pointed to the other two.

Beomgyu bowed his head slightly to greet them, his teeth clenched tightly.

"How old are you?" yeonjun asked politely.

"s...seventeen." He said with another hiss as Soobin tightly wrapped a bandage around his arm.

"Me and Soobin are both eighteen and kai is sixteen." Yeonjun informed as he kept the boy talking.

"How did you end up here?" kai asked gently as Soobin finished tying the bandage.

"Ah well, I was with my friend when everything got crazy, we both ran away and got split up...so I don't know where he is..." he paused for a second before continuing. "Anyways, when I was running i saw the door of this place cracked and I slipped inside to get away from the outside."

"What about you guys?"

"Oh well we were at a karaoke bar and when we left the room everyone was gone. The zombies saw us from outside and started coming after us, so we ran from there." Kai explained.