In the ocean of love-Chapter 3

Anjali looked out of the window of the car at the moving landscape with unseeing eyes. She stayed late after the office hours to complete some extra work.Arnav is having some work related to the upcoming collection launch.Before seeing her off he took her out to have coffee at their favorite coffee joint.Anjali could not help but think about her brother,how he tackles life and take whatever it throws at him without stopping or complaining.He always made her feel special and protected.Nothing changed there.She can say with absolute finality that she is still his priority and she comes before anyone in his life.This knowledge should have made her feel content,but it didn't instead whenever he think of him nowadays she sense his belonging to his wife and rightly so.Had it been in the past she would have cried with happiness for, her little brother find love, but now..No.She can not bring herself together to forgive Khushi for her betrayal in the past with her ex husband. That will stay with her.But is that the real reason for her resentment towards her??No.not entirely at least.It is the fact that she may or she can take away the only relation on which her life depends in this world- her arnav, her chotte ,her papad ka tukda...she felt tears brimming at the back of her eyes.That very thought terrifies her and put her on guard around khushi.She knew she didn't dislike khushi in a way a sister resents her sister in- law NO,it is something else which she can't define in words.Arnav can't do without khushi.That is evident. So she will tolerate her presence.Nothing less nothing more.

Her phone rang breaking her thoughts .

"Di?"

"Chotte,What happend?all good? She asked as it is just few minutes ago they parted ways.

"Nothing di..hmm just felt like calling you"

Her heart skipped a beat.The silence on the phone between the siblings communicating their unsaid feelings.

She tried not to cry and make her sound normal and said with a laugh to lighten the moment and his mood,desperate to make him ok.

"Tum bhi na chotte..I am about reach home.I am all fine just like you left me a few minutes ago"

She can feel him smiling.

"Ok di.dont forget to take dinner on time and sleep.I may be a little late."

"Ok.baba.take care.bye"

Anything for him,for her grumpy papad ka tukda.She smiled leaning her head on the seat and closing her eyes.

"Amma... whined khushi as her mother twist her hair from the middle to make sure the oil reaches all parts of her scalp.They were sitting in the small living room sofa with khush sitting sideways her legs folded under her legs and garima behind her giving her special home made oil massage."

They had finished the packing earlier than they thought as Garima and Madhumathi also lend a helping hand.After the work they had dinner and buaji retired to bed as exertion took over her.Khushi pestered her father to make her his popular special recipe jalebi exclusively for her.Shashi agreed readily,it is a known fact that he can't deny anything to his crazy little daughter.He made the batter ready even as his sister admonished his daughter for her unusual eating habits.Shashi and Garima hide their smile as khushi showed weired faces behind buaji as she went to her bedroom.

"Amma tell me na.What did babuji said about arnavji coming to picking me?was he angry?"

"You don't worry bitiya..he was not happy I think,but not angry either."

Garima didn't want to make her daughter anxious.Shashi is highly unpredictable nowadays following the unpleasant relevations of khushis married life.She just trust shashi not to hurt their daughter.That is the guarantee of the normalcy in their life especially in the relationship between arnav and khushi.