~Chapter 117~

tw ⚠️

"Baby, your phone's ringing," Dalton said, giving my phone to me. It's the school counselor from Francesca's school. I picked it up.

"Hi Mrs. Dawson, is everything alright?" I asked.

"Unfortunately not, I found your daughter Francesca crying in the bathroom. I have tried talking to her and found out that she's being bullied. It's getting really bad, and I don't think she can carry on attending classes today, so I guess it would be best if you pick her up."

"Where is she now?" I asked, concerned.

"She's in my office," she said.

"Alright, I'm coming," I said before hanging up.

"Baby, we have to pick Francesca up from school, she's getting bullied," I said to Dalton and he nodded. He grabbed the car keys and we drove to her school.

"Who the fuck is messing with our daughter?" he muttered.

"She told me a few days ago that the whole class did. They called her a spoiled little diva and accused her of not wanting to hang out with them because she's a pop star's daughter when in real life, she's just anxious around people. They also called her a mistake and told her that she's not our child because she's different from the rest of us."

"Those fucking idiots," he groaned.

"I know right?" I sighed, "I've comforted her, but I guess the bullying is just getting worse."

"If it's really bad, I guess we would have to homeschool her for the rest of elementary school. There's only three months left before summer break and she's gonna start middle school after," Dalton said and I nodded.

"You're right, then for middle school, we can enroll her in the same school as Leonel. That way, she can feel safer."

We pulled up at the school parking lot and walked into the front office.

"Hi, is there anything I can help you with?" the lady at the front office asked.

"We would like to see Mrs. Dawson," I replied and she nodded. "Alright, follow me."

She led us to the main building and stopped in front of a door with a sign that said Mrs. Rose Dawson. She then knocked on the door. "Come in."

She opened the door for us and we went inside the office. She then left and closed the door behind her. Mrs. Dawson was trying to comfort Francesca, whose eyes were red and puffy.

"Have a seat, Mr. and Mrs. Gomez," Mrs. Dawson said and we sat down on the chairs provided.

"Do you know what they did to her?" Dalton spoke up.

"Apparently, a girl in her class named Hannah started a rumor that Mrs. Gomez cheated on you and that Francesca is not your daughter. Everyone believed it and started calling her the daughter of a whore. They also told her that she's going to grow up into a whore," she explained and my heart broke. I motioned Francesca to come closer and wrapped my arms around her.

"Did they do anything else?" Dalton asked.

"H-Hannah grabbed me by my hair and h-humiliated me in front of the whole class," Francesca cried.

"This is ridiculous," Dalton muttered.

"It is indeed, ridiculous, I will make sure everyone involved gets disciplined, especially Hannah, and make sure they all learn a lesson," Mrs. Dawson reassured. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Dawson."

"Let's go home, shouldn't we?" I asked Francesca, running my fingers through her hair. She lightly nodded.

"Alright, thank you so much, Mrs. Dawson," I said to her. "My pleasure."

We stood up and left her office. We walked to the parking lot and got inside the car. He started the engine and drove home.

"Who's that motherfucking Hannah?" Dalton muttered.

"One of the popular girls," Francesca said quietly. "What's her last name?"

"Nelson."

"Fuck," Dalton muttered.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"She's my crazy ex Amy's daughter," he muttered, "she's toxic as fuck. She once tried to trap me by poking holes in the condom. Thank goodness I noticed them and broke up with her immediately."

"That bitch," I groaned.

"She's still fucking obsessed with me. Back in the beginning of 2025 after she gave birth to her devilish daughter, that bitch tried to get me back by telling me that she's my daughter. Of course I knew she fucking lied, I broke up with her in the summer of 2019 and she had her in the beginning of 2025. She probably got pregnant by a one night stand," he rolled his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me that she wouldn't leave you alone?" I frowned, "I would've beaten the shit out of her."

"I'm so sorry baby, you were pregnant with Francesca that time, I just didn't want you to get stressed because it wouldn't be good for the two of you."

"That's okay baby, I understand, but what should we do with Francesca? We should keep her away from that crazy bitch and her daughter."

"I think we should stick to our plan to homeschool her for the rest of elementary school and enroll her to the same school as Leonel for middle school, will you be okay with that, Fran?"

"Y-yeah."

"I guess that's set," I replied, "you don't have to go to school tomorrow. We'll hire a teacher to homeschool you so that you won't be missing out. While we find you a teacher, you can have a break from school, you must've been exhausted."

"T-thank you."

"No problem, we just want to keep you safe and happy."

We pulled up at our driveway and got out of the car. We then went into our living room and sat down on the couch. I wrapped my arms around Francesca as she cried onto my chest. Dalton gave her a hug from the other side. Our poor daughter already had to go through terrible bullying at such a young age.

"Don't listen to Hannah, she's a crazy bitch, just like her mother," Dalton said to her. "I-I tried to, but she's making things worse."

"That's why we decided to homeschool you, that's the only way to keep you away from that crazy bitch," I said to her and she lightly nodded. I gently caressed her hand to comfort her and noticed fresh cuts on her wrist. My heart broke. I would need to have a talk with her later.