~Chapter 35~

After holding our daughter for a few minutes, Dalton handed her back to me.

"Wanna hold her Mom?" I asked my mom.

"Sure," she smiled. I handed her our baby and she looked at her in awe.

"You're growing so fast," she smiled, "I'm a Nonna now, and you're a mom."

A few minutes later, I requested everyone else to enter the room. The midwife and pediatrician left the room to give us some time alone.

"Where's my niece?" Frankie asked excitedly.

"She's here," I smiled, "wanna hold her?"

"Sure," he smiled. I passed her over and he looked at her in awe. She was then passed to my dad, Dalton's parents, Hale, Dakota, Tori.

"Good thing she looks more like you than Dalton," Tori chuckled, making everyone laugh.

"Fine, you're being mean," Dalton playfully scoffed. About 15 minutes later, everyone left, leaving only me, Dalton, and our baby. She started making little noises, so I assumed she's hungry. I placed her on my chest and loosened up the upper part of my gown, revealing my nipple. I gently guided her to my nipple. She immediately latched onto my nipple and gently started sucking. I gently stroked her cheek and smiled.

"What do you want to call her?" Dalton asked.

"I love the name Imogen," I smiled.

"Imogen Leigh Gomez?" he asked for agreement. He's really good at coming up with names.

"I love that name, it's beautiful," I smiled.

"Imogen Leigh Gomez it is," he smiled, "Welcome to the world, little one."

"I can't believe she's ours," I smiled and teared up a little, "she's perfect."

"I know right?" he smiled, "We created this little angel."

I continued feeding her for a few more minutes until she stopped sucking. I placed her on my chest and burped her. She fell asleep on my chest and I placed her on the little bed next to mine. I looked at the time: 10:45 pm. It's time to go to sleep myself. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep after having a long day.

***

I woke up the next morning seeing Dalton cradling Imogen in his arms and smiling at her. They're just adorable.

"Mommy's awake," he said to our little one.

"Wanna hold her?"

"Yeah, it's also time to feed her again."

He passed her to me and I started feeding her. I swear she's the cutest and tiniest little bean.

"Tori's right, she looks so much like you," Dalton said.

"Really? My fans said that we look alike, so yeah," I replied.

"Talking about your fans, when do you wanna tell them?"

"I don't know, maybe tomorrow? I want to have one more peaceful day with you and our little one before everyone goes crazy. Besides, I don't think they're ready, 'cause I told them that she's due in January."

"Okay Mommy," he smiled. Soon, Laura came to my room to check on me and little Imogen.

"I see you've started breastfeeding already," she said, "that's a good start."

"You're recovering well from the birth, so you and your baby can leave the hospital tomorrow morning," she smiled. I thanked her and she excused herself. Imogen stopped sucking on my nipple, so I burped her and held her in my arms. I moved her closer to my chest and she fell asleep.