Chapter 1- Mr.Baby Daddy

"Why do you even want to do this?" Gale asks me looking at me as if I were crazy.

"Yeah, brainless I mean why don't you just hook up Cato!" Johanna suggest as she pours half a pound of sugar in her coffee.

"No! Gross. Cato and Clove have that strange off and on thing going on." I tell her as she laughs too hard that she snorts.

"So, you already scheduled it? For today?" Gale asks me.

"Yes, Gale." I breathe starting to get annoyed.

Everyone has tried to talk me out, the only person supporting me to go through with this is my 21-year old little sister, Prim.

"Why do you feel like you have to go through with this, LIKE THIS?"

"Because I don't want a man in my life, I can support myself. You, both out of all people would know that. I've come to a point in my life where I want to have a child of my own." I tell them blatantly leaning back in my chair.

"Do what you want, Everdeen. I need to get to my fitting." Johanna says as she throws some bills on the table and leaves.

She's been in and out of everywhere since her wedding is in five months.

"I should probably go, I have a meeting." Gale tells me as he furrows his eyebrows looking down at his phone.

"Say 'Hi' to Madge and the kids for me?" I tell him as we get into our cars.

"Yup." He tells me as he backs out of the parking lot and zooms off into the city.

"Yeah." I whisper to myself as I stare down at my lap with my empty hands on them.

***

"I'm not being stupid, right?" I ask my little sister over the phone feeling my stomach cringe.

"Of course not, Katniss!" Prim tells me reassuringly.

"I'm getting ready to go and I'm starting to feel butterflies." I tell her zipping up my pencil skirt.

"But you're not wanting to back out! Are you?" Prim basically screams over the phone.

"Of course not." I tell her looking at myself in the mirror wanting for my face not to look as horrified.

"Good.Because I want a baby nephew or niece." She hums.

"I do too, matter of the fact. How are you and Rory by the way?"

"Great. He's pretty consumed in school right now his exams are nearing and he's scared. Like the rest of us." Prim tells me as I roll my eyes. Prim is the most confident person I've ever met.

"Right." I say sarcastically giggling to myself.

"Are you being sarcastic?" She shrieks.

"No. Now, why would I ever do that?" I continue putting the phone on speaker and placing it on my shelf as I dig through my closet looking for a blouse.

"Because you're a lonely old lady." She jokes as I laughs loudly.

"At least I'm not a helpless little love sick puppy." I spit back and her and am now the one to hear endless laughter.

"Are you really looking for that peach blouse you where basically everywhere to get pregnant?" Prim scoffs at me.

"How did you-?" I ask her clueless.

"Get your head out of your closet and turn around." She says.

I then turn around and see Prim standing by the doorway with my phone in her hand.

"PRIM!" I scream as I run to her and hug her.

"Katniss." She greets me as she she hugs me.

"Why are you here?" I ask her with a smile plastered on my face.

"In what wrong state of mind would I be in if I missed the day my big sister got pregnant?" She asks me as she smile and hugs me again.

"I'm so happy you're here!" I shriek not wanting to let her go.

"Now, come on, let's find you something besides that pathetic peach shirt to wear." Prim says as she walks into my closet.

"It is not pathetic." I mutter under my breath.

"Yes, it is." Prim smiles throwing it on the floor.

"But it's my favorite shirt." I say as I pick it up the floor.

"I know." She says as she rummages through my closet.

"When was the last time you went shopping?" She asks me.

"Christmas." I tell her.

"For yourself." She adds and glares at me.

"Maybe a two or three months before Christmas." I tell her.

"You are killing me!" Prim retorts and imitates to be dying on the floor of my closet.

"Get up you fool." I laugh and playfully kick her side.

"Yeesh! No need to be so harsh." She snorts.

"Prim you need to take this seriously! I finally found a donor that I found suitable. He's the first guy who doesn't have N/A as a job!" I tell Prim as she's finally serious.

"Really? Ooh! Tell me, tell me what's his name?" She asks me.

"I don't know name, Prim! Only the men get to know the names of the people they donate it to." I explain to her.

"Oh. Well Mr.Baby Daddy knows your name but you don't know his? Well, that's stupid." She says as she throws a shirt at me.

"You want me to wear this?" I ask her looking down at the baby blue lace long sleeve shirt.

"Yes. You are wearing a baby blue shirt to go get a baby! It makes perfect sense." She says waving her arms around as she talks.

"Okay, one he is not Mr.Baby Daddy. He's a donor. I doubt I'll ever even meet him. I sure as hell will never let my baby meet him." I tell her pulling my shirt over my bra.

"Okey-dokey, Katniss." Prim says as she looks at herself in the mirror.

"Oh, shit we need to get to the hospital!" I shriek rushing around trying to get out of the house as soon as possible.

"LET'S GO MEET THE NEWEST ADDITION TO THE FAMILY!" Prim screams as she skips out the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hated how I ended this chapter but I ran out of ideas about how to end it so.. yea.

Hope you enjoyed!

-Elvidia