Chapter 4

It was getting dark.

' I should go back now.' Kim Dokja thought.

Kim Dokja grabbed his bag and stood up.

He patted his pants and started walking home.

When he arrived,his aunt was in the kitchen preparing their dinner.

"I'm back." Kim dokja said without looking at his aunt.

His aunt didnt even bother looking back at him and only said "Hm."

"Sheesh,not even bother looking." Li jihye grumbled.

Kim dokja went to his room and washed himself before coming down to eat dinner.

"Where's uncle?" Kim dokja asked.

"He wont be coming back tonight." His aunt replied.

Kim dokja only nod.

He likes it when his uncle wont come home like today. Its more comfortable because he wont be eating while hearing them chatting,excluding him from their talk.

They almost finish their food when Kim Dokja called for her.

He looks nervous.

"Um...aunty?"

"?"

"...can i have some money to buy a notebook?"

"Didnt you have enough notebooks?" His aunt stopped eating.

"Yes...but...one of my notebook got--"

"Dont lie to me saying that your notebook is used completely. School just start recently. And we made sure your notebooks are enough."

"No,its not used yet..."

"Hah, of course. It was just an excuse. You just want extra money to play around dont you? Seeing you always comes back late,of course you play around with your friends somewhere before coming back." His aunt was annoyed.

"No,i never played around." Kim Dokja tried to look at her.

His aunt pushed her chair and stands up.

"Enough. Dont take me as a fool. I dont want to hear you mention anything about money anymore. We already gave you money every month for you to use in school."

"..." Kim dokja tried to speak in low volume. Afraid to defend himself.

"But...it's not even enough for one week..."

His aunt snapped. She slammed her hands on the table.

"You! Ungrateful brat! Do you know how hard it was for me to take care of you!? Your uncle cant even bear having to eat dinner with us because of you! And wherever i go people would ask me about you! Why are we taking care of a murderer's child!? We should have sent you to the orphanage! But my husband wont accept that because we still got the money from your mother's--"

She quickly covered her mouth.

"...my mother's what?"

"Forget about that. I'm going to start cleaning. Go to your room now." She started to take their dishes.

'Ah wait..! I still want to hear about mother!' Kim dokja raised his arm to grab his aunt.

But before he could,she suddenly fell on her butt.

The plates she was holding fell to the ground and crashed.

"..."

"...you...." His aunt looks towards Kim dokja. She saw that his hand was hanging in the air,as if he was the one who pulled her from behind just now.

"Look what you have done!" She unsteadily stands up.

"It wasnt me!" Kim dokja steps back,afraid.

She then slapped Kim dokja hard. All of her anger was put into the slap.

Kim dokja stumbled onto the ground,holding his cheek.

Tears could be seen flowing down his red and bruised cheek.

"As expected of Lee Sookyung's child! Always troubles people!"

"Clear these!" She then went upstairs in anger.

Kim dokja was left alone on the ground,sobbing while holding his throbbing cheek.

'it wasnt me...'

'why does aunt hates me so?'

'i cant stand this anymore ...'

Kim dokja cant hold his sobs,but he still crawl over to collect the shattered pieces of the broken plates.

"Look what you have done!" Han soo young grabbed Yoo Jonghyuk's collar.

"You shouldnt be brash! The consequence will fall to Kim Dokja you stupid!" She continued.

Yoo jonghyuk looks towards Han soo young,his brows quivered.

He was at a loss.

"...i didnt mean to." He said,softly.

"Hyung is so pitiful..." Lee Gilyoung cant help but sobs along with Kim dokja. He sits on the ground beside Kim dokja,tearing.

Just now,when Kim dokja's aunt almost blurted out about their evil deeds,Yoo Jonghyuk was mad that Kim dokja didnt know anything about the matter. Kim dokja still blames his mother about the books that she published. And Kim dokja didnt know where the money made from the sold books went to.

Yoo jonghyuk cant stand it anymore,he steps toward Kim Dokja's aunt and tried to touch her.

Han Sooyoung and the others saw that and went forward,grabbing her from behind before Yoo Jonghyuk's fingers almost reach her neck.

It was not known how she was pulled,but it was probably because one of them manage to pulls her in desperate time like Yoo jonghyuk did before.

But who?