● Chapter 5 ●

Shu's mother's point of view:

I headed into the kitchen for lunch when I saw Shu at the table eating. I approached him and gently stroked his hair. Gradually, my hands moved down from his hair to his unmarked smiling face...

- Hello you, you are very smiling this morning.

- Yes, I had a good night. He answered me.

- You have a very beautiful face today.

- Why do you say that?

I woke up suddenly, it was just a dream. I sat up on my bed, my husband having woken up took me in his arms from behind...

- Everything is fine? Shin asked me.

- I had a dream where I saw Shu's face before the incident. I answered.

- Oh... I understand, it's something that affects me a lot too.

- Am I a bad mother if I say that I thought Shu was much more smiling before but that his scars completely erased his smile?

- Honey, you are the best mother I know. It will certainly take a while, it's true, but I'm sure Shu will smile again.

- You're right.

Shortly after, I got dressed and got ready before going into the kitchen and finding, like in my dream, Shu staring into space, his bowl of cereal in front of him. I went behind him and tenderly caressed his cheek to say hello...

- Did you sleep well my angel?

He didn't answer me and just blinked. It became difficult for me to have a discussion with him. Most of the time, he stays in his room or ends up in tears at the end of a discussion. At the same time, Shinaki walked towards the entrance, ready to go to work, when she stopped to give to his brother a hug before leaving.

- I'm going, have a good day, Shu. Bye everyone.

- Goodbye sweetie. I answered her.

Once she was gone, I went back into active mode. I was about to enter my office when Shu called out to me...

- Mom...

I turned to face him before answering him...

- Yes?

- Can I ask you something?

- Of course, what is it?

- I would like to go back to school.

I frizzed at his response...

- All right, if you feel ready, I want you to go back. I just want to know one thing, what made you want to go back?

- I don't really know... I think it's the fact of feeling alone every day.

- Are you sure there is nothing else?

He looked down and took a moment before answering...

- I want to be with Valt...

He told me softly. My protective instinct tells me to say "no" to him, but my heart tells me otherwise. After thinking for a moment, I gave him my answer...

- If it can make you smile again, then I'm going to take the steps so that you can go back to school.

His face lit up and he smiled tenderly, thanking me. From there, the risks were ahead. He will go back there tomorrow; something tells me inside me that everything is not going to go like clockwork...

 He will go back there tomorrow; something tells me inside me that everything is not going to go like clockwork

● To be continued ●