Reading my mind Mason asked or more like stated, "I am guessing yours doesn't know either, eh?" I looked down at Valerie's confused face and smiled. I felt butterflies in my stomach when Mason said 'yours'

Yes, she is mine, all mine. I don't think I'll be able to see her with someone else. Just the thought makes me angry. 

I nodded with a smile and Mason chuckled in response. Miss Wescott then asked, "Know what?" making me and Mason laugh. So Valerie is not the only person in this world who doesn't know anything about football.

I wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her close to me. I felt the tingles and they increased when I saw the blush on her face. "It's nothing but your speech that is definitely something worth talking about!" I said looking at the counsellor.

"Thank you so much but I still have lots to learn, it's a huge journey ahead," she replied with a smile. We talked a little about the counselling thing when she asked Mason who I was.

"He's a friend from work," Mason replied. Valerie's eyes widen when he said that. "Oh, so he plays for Chelsea. I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you," Miss Wescott replied. The two women shared a look and nodded with smiles on their faces.

"It's okay, not the first time," I said as I looked down at her. Valerie turned a deep red making me smile at that. I just love it when she blushes, makes my heart stop every time.

I'm so glad I got injured that day and that she was covering up for her friend. I could never forget it. I knew she was different when I saw her glare at me in the lift.

"The seminar is arranged perfectly by the way. I know the amount of work put behind this. There are high chances of mistakes in small events than bigger ones but, I dint see any," Mason complemented making her blush.

"Aww, thank you so much Mason! It means a lot," Valerie replied with a grin. "Ah it's nothing, it's just the truth," he replied with a smile making Valerie giggle.

Okay, that's enough. I don't want to end up hating my teammate. "We got to go now," I said as I pulled her closer to me. Mason gave me a knowing smile to which I just narrowed my eyes and shook my head negative.

"Oh wait a second, is she the 'my girl'? The one who was ill? You took a leave for her the other day right?" Mason asked even though he knew the answer. I just replied with a smile. I forgot that I had taken a leave saying Valerie was sick. I looked down at Valerie who looked like she remembered it.

"I can't wait to tell this to Tammy and Alonso," he said with his teasing smile on. "You know what Mase? I guess they don't know about Miss Wescott here, now do they?" I replied back making the women laugh.

Mason looked away and said, "As you were saying Kepa, we got to go," he said pulling the counsellor with him. We all laughed and walked towards the parking lot.

"Is he one of those energetic lads who couldn't stop teasing you?" Valerie asked. "yep, one of them," I replied and she giggled saying, "God Kepler, why did you say that huh?"

Because that's the truth. Instead of saying that, I smiled down at her in response. We walked towards the car and I opened the door for her. She smiled and got in. I walked to the other side and got in as well.

On the way out I spotted Mason's car and stooped for a second to say, "See you at the ball!" Valerie looked confused but brushed it off. Thank god she didn't ask anything. It's a surprise for her.

"You were so good today Red," I said and she glared at me for using that nickname. "I'm so happy it went well, I was super nervous you know," she replied.