4. A DAY WITH EACH OTHER

Veronica's POV

It's my first time in a plane and that too a private one. I am sitting near the window. I wanted to see how everything looks when you are up in the sky. My wife went to sleep as soon as the journey started. My in-laws were talking to each other. I talked to Misha and she seems a nice girl. She is friendly and seems welcoming. Arthur and Sarah have been good to me. And about Charlotte, I can't say anything, as we haven't talk to each other yet.

It is already 7 in the evening and we just landed. A big car is there waiting for us. We all go in that car. We all are having normal talks in which Charlotte is not taking any part. We stop to a place after about 30 minutes of drive. It seems like an apartment to me. We get out of the car and Misha says, "Finally, sweet home is here!" It's a big house. We get inside. Sarah asks Charlotte to take me to her room.

I walk behind her and then stop in front of a room. She opens the door and says, "This is my room. I mean to say our room." I smile and enter the room. This room is much bigger than my previous house. I get inside and Charlotte walks out of the room. I am very tired and I want to sleep. So, I just jump on the bed. I don't even change my clothes, also I don't have and fall asleep in minutes.

Charlotte's POV

After showing room to Veronica, I went to take some water. My parents and sister were there talking. They told me that they will be leaving to their respective cities in the morning. We were hungry and tired. I had given a day off to Maya.

We ordered some food for ourselves, while I went to change my clothes and get into more comfortable ones. I went to my room and I saw Veronica sleeping. She was looking so innocent and relaxed. Her upper body was on the bed, while the lower one was touching the floor. I moved her lower body on the bed and pulled covers on her.

I opened my closet very slowly without making any noise and got some clothes. I went to bathroom, took a shower and wore a loose t-shirt and shorts. I switched off the lights and went back to the living rooms. The food was there. My father asked me to call Veronica. I informed them that she is asleep.

We ate the food without talking much. It was about 9 p.m. when we finished food. My parents and sister had an early flight at about 7 a.m. and for that they had to leave by 5 in the morning. So, they decided to get some good sleep and hence went to their rooms. I wanted to spend some time alone. So, I got a cigarette, lit it and went to the garden.

After almost spending about an hour in the garden, I was feeling cold, so I went back inside and headed to my room. I opened the door slowly and closed it the same way so that my new wife doesn't get awake. I went to the bed and lied down. I tried to take covers from Veronica. She was in a deep sleep, with her back facing against mine.

I woke up 4:30 in the morning to say good-bye to my family. Veronica was still sleeping. My father pulled me towards himself and said, "I am sorry for what happened child. Once again you had to fulfill our promise and we are glad that you did." "Stop it dad! You both have the habit of giving promises to others and asking me to fulfill them. I want a promise from you guys that I won't be a part of your promises. Whether they are from past or future, I won't fulfill them, no matter what. You guys promise me now." I demanded to them.

"Okay!" they both said in unison. Misha came andgave me a hug. She teased me by asking about my night and I gave her a deathglare. "Before we leave, I just want to tell you one thing. That girl hadnothing to do with any of this, so don't be harsh on her or rude to her. Shehas faced lot of difficulties in her life, which we can hardly imagine. Soplease, don't take out our anger on her." said my father. He was speaking withall emotions he can gather. "I won't." I said and then they all left for theairport. It was almost gym time, so I left for the gym.