13. FEELING GOOD

Veronica's POV

I woke up after a long night sleep. My wife was sleeping next to me. I got up and followed my normal routine. I called my boss and told him that I am back to Caster and will join from tomorrow. I was not in a mood to make something to eat. So, I grabbed some cornflakes and poured milk on it. I sat on the dining table and started eating. 

I saw my wife coming towards me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I saw my wife coming towards me. She took some cornflakes and sat opposite to me and wished me good morning. I wished her the same.

"Charlotte, thanks for yesterday." I said. "For what?" she asked. "For taking all of us out to an amusement park. Alex was very happy." I replied. "I didn't do it for her. I did it for you. What I have learnt about you in these past days is that you love your family and seeing them happy makes you happy." She said.

I didn't believe her. I finished my breakfast and got up. I went to my room and unpacked my stuff. The house was dirty so I decided to clean it. I saw Charlotte smoking while talking on her phone to Cynthia. I could hear her saying, "I won't be doing it anymore Cynthia. You tell them."

Charlotte's POV

After having breakfast, I called Cynthia and told her that from now on, I will be doing assignments only in Caster. She said that it won't be good for my career, but I don't care now. I have done enough modelling. Yes, it is my passion, that is the reason I will still continue to do it, but only in Caster. She asked me to come and meet her.

After that I called my father to know about the business shift status. He told me that it will still take a couple of months. I told him that I won't be travelling anymore for business. I will be in Caster and take care of it from here only.

I got ready and went to meet Cynthia in myoffice.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Cynthia was already there waiting for me. She tried to explain me what would happen if I don't do assignments outside of Caster. But I told her that I don't care anymore, that my priorities have changed. I told her that I have to be here to take care of my married life. She understood it.

After Cynthia left, I called an urgent meeting and told my colleagues that from now on I will be in Caster only, until the shifting completes. That meant we all have to work from Caster and very hard.