Chapter 3

Meanwhile, Kelsey was waiting at Agitation's school to pick her up. Stephanie was already in the car.

Silent Voice: Is Ciel going to be okay?

Kelsey: Well, according to Daddy, only time will tell.

She saw her daughter come out of the school. She ran to the car.

Agitation: Hi, Mom. Hi, Stephanie.

Kelsey: Hello, dear. We better hurry and meet your father and Ciel at the hospital.

Agitation: Hospital?! What happened?

Kelsey: I'll tell you everything.

She started the car and drove towards the hospital.

Kelsey: Ciel's really sick with a bad stomachache.

Silent Voice: Stomachache? Skyler and I were talking about that this morning in school.

Agitation: I remember. He's had quite a few of these.

Kelsey: He has?

Agitation: Yeah. A few months ago, back when we started dating, he had one just like this. I helped him get better.

Kelsey: Because of his anorexia, he'll have stomachaches like this pretty often.

Agitation: We got to help him, Mommy.

Kelsey: I know. Your daddy also said Ciel was having trouble breathing because of some chest pains.

Agitation: Oh no.

Silent Voice: I'll bet Daddy had to carry him to the car.

Kelsey: Yeah. Well, we're almost there.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital, the girls got out and entered. They waited for someone to lead them.

Nurse: Hello, how may I help you?

Kelsey: Hi. I'm Kelsey d'Aglior. These are my daughters Angelica and Stephanie. We're here to see my son Ciel. My husband Robert is also with him.

Nurse: Ciel DuBlois, right?

Kelsey: Yes.

Nurse: Okay, follow me.

Kelsey: Thank you.

The 3 girls followed the nurse to the elevator. She pushed a button and the elevator started moving. They have arrived at the fourth floor about a minute later. The nurse led Kelsey, Angie, and Stephanie to room 410, where Ciel was.

Nurse: Here we are.

Kelsey: Thanks again.

She opened the door and walked in. Angie and Stephanie followed her. Robert saw them. They also saw Ciel sleeping on the bed. An oxygen mask was put over his mouth.

Robert: (after kissing his wife) Hi, girls.

Agitation: What's wrong with him, Daddy?

Robert: Well, the doctor said that Ciel has a really bad stomachache.

Silent Voice: I think that part's obvious.

Robert: He was also having trouble breathing because of his chest also hurting. That's why the oxygen mask is there.

Agitation: Is he going to be okay?

Robert: I don't know, sweetie.

Angie went over to her boyfriend and sat down on the chair next to him. She held his hand. Silent Voice also sat down, but on the other side of the bed.

Silent Voice: This is kinda like when my mom had that heart attack and we had to take her here. She didn't make it.

Agitation: I'm not letting Ciel die on my watch.

Silent Voice: And he won't. Ciel's a fighter. I know he is. He's survived many of these things before.

Agitation: You're right.

The d'Aglior family waited for the doctor.