Chapter 4

An hour later, a doctor came in Ciel's room.

Doctor: Hello. I'm Ciel DuBlois's doctor for today.

Robert: How is he, Doc?

Kelsey: Is he going to be okay?

Doctor: He has a really bad stomachache and chest pains that are causing him to have difficulty breathing. Do either of you know what the cause is?

Robert: Most likely his anorexia.

Doctor: Oh, so he's anorexic too? I see. Has he ate anything today?

Kelsey: No, Doc. He's been sick all day.

Doctor: I see. Well, anorexia will do these kinds of things to your son. If he doesn't get treatment, he will most likely die if he gets another stomachache like this.

Kelsey: He only eats so little. He doesn't want to end up throwing everything back up.

Robert: A daughter of ours, Soleil DuBlois, passed away not even a month ago, and it's one of the things that started his anorexia.

Kelsey: There was also a guy that bullies him and makes it so that he doesn't eat anything. During that time, he stays locked in his house and starves himself.

Doctor: You mean Theodore, right? He was all over the news with that protest and all the deaths that happened. And the fire that burned an entire house down.

Robert: But he's in prison now.

Doctor: Does Mr. DuBlois have anything to help with his anorexia?

Robert: He does, but he refuses to take them.

Kelsey: He thinks he's allergic to most of the medicine.

Robert: And then we had another one of these 'killing games'. He still didn't take any of the medicine and refuses to eat throughout that week.

Doctor: I see. Anything else?

Robert: Well, according to our oldest daughter Angelica, he was born with a really weak voice where he can only whisper.

Doctor: You mean PVD?

Kelsey: PVD?

Doctor: Also known as Permanent Voice Box Damage. It's a really rare condition. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do to heal his voice box.

Robert: I see.

Agitation: Nobody in the world can heal such a condition.

Doctor: Anything else?

Kelsey: He was also born with a weak heart. So he gets heart attacks often.

Doctor: Okay. How long has Ciel had anorexia?

Kelsey: At least a few weeks. It had gotten better for awhile. But then it started up again when we had that killing game.

Doctor: Anorexia is pretty harmful to the body. Make sure he takes his medicine when you take him home. But please, check for any ingredients that might cause his allergies. He's still pretty young, so he doesn't know what kind of medicine allergies he has.

Robert: We will try.

Doctor: As for right now, he will survive this stomachache. We gave him some water before he went to sleep. He still has his glass right over there. When he wakes up, make him drink that and refill it if it gets empty. There's also an ice pack on his chest. It'll help with his chest pains, making it easier for him to breathe. Put more ice in that if it starts to melt. I've also put a heating bag on his stomach to help ease that kind of pain. If the heating bag gets cool, put another one on him.

Robert: Thank you so much.

Doctor: If his condition worsens, which I doubt it, just push that button and a nurse will help.

Kelsey: Okay.

Doctor: If all goes well, he'll be able to go home tomorrow morning.

The doctor waved goodbye to the family and left the room.

Silent Voice: See, Angie? Ciel's going to be fine.

Agitation: I'm so glad. Shoot! We forgot to ask him on when Ciel will wake up.

Robert: I'm sure that'll be soon, Angie.

The d'Aglior family waited for the youngest member to wake up.