Aziraphale quickly pulled it away from her. "Don't you dare! You know I can't say no to any of your presents."

"I know, angel. I didn't ask that, I asked if you liked it." Replied the redhead, emphasizing every important word.

"Of course I do! It reminds me of you." She insisted.

A bit on the nose, perhaps, but that's alright. It isn't big or bulky...

"Want me to put it on you?"

"Please." She nodded.

Crowley did so. "There you are. Looking just a tad bit more modern."

"Not too much, I hope. That's more your area of expertise."

"It's just enough, angel. Now then, shall we get going? After all, I promised you brunch, not lunch."

With that, they were off.

~~~~~

For the next few days, Aziraphale noticed a few strange occurrences. For one thing, Crowley was in a better mood than usual. And everywhere she went, others kept getting hurt. The timing of it was even stranger, considering they'd happen after those people had interacted with her. She began to suspect it was Crowley tripping up strangers just for laughs. Though, she ignored that theory once she realized these things were happening regardless of whether Crowley was with her or not.

The first was when they went out for brunch. Their waiter was doing a tremendous job, and suddenly, he turned and crashed into one of his coworkers! Several plates went flying, real big mess, total chaos. The next was when they crossed the street to see the new art exhibit. One man had almost gotten hit by a passing car when trying to tell Aziraphale something. Then there was the art gallery owner, who twisted her ankle while showing them the newest additions. And it's impossible for her to forget the man who somehow tripped on his way into the bookshop and lost several teeth in the process. There were several others, those were simply the ones which stuck out in her mind at the moment since they were the first she noticed.

The angel wondered if this was a delayed reaction of some sort from The Almighty. Having people get hurt just by being in her presence certainly seemed like a good punishment, really. It would definitely make her feel guilty for betraying her superiors. Well, not entirely, because she knew she did the right thing, but still. It would make her feel awful!

However, if this were the case, why wasn't Crowley getting hurt? Surely, Upstairs would want to hurt Crowley the more than anyone. After all, they all see her friendship as nothing more than a temptation done by the demon. It would only be natural for them to want to destroy her. So why weren't they?

She was shocked out of her daze when she heard the front door's bell, signaling a customer entering the shop. She cleared her throat and tried to compose herself.

"I'm sorry, we're about to close-"

The person who had walked in was a young woman. She was very tall, somewhat skinny, had long black hair, tan skin, bright blue eyes and a button nose. "Oh, really? I was hoping I could get a good look around for references." Said the girl, clearly nervous.

Aziraphale blinked. "References for what, exactly?" Asked the angel.

She stammered for a moment before she started talking. "I'm an artist. I tend to use references a lot when I draw. I find that it helps me make the environment feel real, even if it's in a totally fictional world. Anyway, I was commissioned to draw someone in a Victorian looking library, but the person only sent a photo of themselves for reference, nothing for the background. I asked for one, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. So, I figured I'd get some on my own, in case they don't send any at all. I mean, it's not like I can drop them, they paid in full in advance, I can't-... I'm rambling, aren't I? I'm sorry-"