VI: Heaven's Monstrous Creation

06;
HEAVEN'S MONSTEROUS CREATION
Jen Titus―Oh Death

                People tend to believe what they want to believe. Like how they believe that there's always hope in everything, that there's always something that'll keep them going, that there's always light even in the darkest time. They believe on the false hope people tell them, because they want to hear it. And they believe.

They believe what they see. Like how they believe that the so called virus Flare is spreading quickly and deadly, infecting anyone that's not Immune. They believe because they see it happen to other people, what it did to them; their friends, their families, their loved ones.

They believe in tales, stories that struck their curiosity. Stories that are fictional, that aren't based on facts. Like how in Greek Mythology, there are Gods and Goddesses. They believe in Zeus, the powerful and fearless leader, as the King of Olympus. And they believe in the antagonist, Hades, the malicious and baleful ruler of Hell.

As a person who believes what he sees, Minho hasn't got a problem getting the fact that real life monsters exist in their world. He's seen Grievers, and if he hasn't seen them before, he wouldn't have believe in such things. But he has, and he believes.

He has seen WICKED's capacity of building, inventing, abhorrent machines and technologies he can never imagine. He has seen what one of their invention did to his friends. He has seen his friend beheaded by metal ball-like machine. He has seen and he believes.

Now, if someone would tell him that the Devil is alive, he would've laugh at their face and will continously make fun of them for being someone so ridiculous. But he has seen the Devil himself, and he still has problem getting the fact inside his mind.

The Devil is very much alive.

However, the Devil does not live under the earth. He doesn't roam on the pitch of Hell, he lives among them; on earth. He doesn't have red skin, nor has he got long horns or hooves. There's no pitchfork that everyone believe he carries all the time, there's no pointed tail but nevertheless there's the banishment he received long time ago.

People believe the story that the Devil, Satan, was banished from Heaven and that he was God's favourite before he has turned evil. People believe that. They believe whatever struck their curiosity, and the story of how an Angel―a former Archangel to add that―somehow turned against Heaven itself and ended up banished to Hell. They were fascinated by the fact that even an Angel is capable of turning into a monster.

The Devil on earth, has taken the form of normal humans―those who haven't turned into Cranks―or past the Gone, making it hard for other people to pick him out. Although he looks normal, he has this aura―dark ones―out of him. A dangerous, malice aura. For what is within the human form, lays the most parlous, malicious and evil monster anyone can ever imagine.

But he has another form, a form that suits his dark persona than looking normal―because he's far from normal. The form where his already conspicuous eyes turn into shades of dark red, the colour of fresh blood, the colour of his true nature. The form where his teeth turn blunt, jagged edge saw like teeth replacing his normal ones, with sharp fangs. The form where a metallic like claws descend from the joints of his knuckles, long and minacious.

Minho would've laughed back at the Maze if some Glader decides to spook them with a horror story. He would've cackled until he's unable to breath, the sides of him hurt and until no sound comes out of his mouth.

But he's seen in with his own bare eyes, the Devil shifted into his true self right before his eyes. He wouldn't have believed it if it didn't happen in front of him.

Ilithyia calls him Eltham, but people call him a much worse name than his real name. A title for him, The Annihilator. But it isn't it, they also call him Deucalion. Where in Classical Mythology, he was the son of Prometheus who survived the Deluge to regenerate the human race.

In his case, Eltham was once―same as the Devil in stories―a powerful warrior that fought along Heaven―WICKED. He was their favourite as well that they chose him as their laboratory rat to experiment with.

Oh he was thrilled, elated and referenced that he was the chosen one. Pride filled his mind that not his Warrior mates were the one WICKED chose. But him, Eltham, Warrior 003.

What they did to him was unforgiveable. It terrified him when he first shifted, what monster have they turned him into? Claws made of steel, hard as a stone, appeared between his knuckles from both his hands, his teeth turned into jagged like saw then his eyes, the most terrifying part in his change, turned into the colour of dark red, the orbs glistened in the light, making him looked horrifying and more inhumane than he already was.

Everyone feared him for they didn't know what he was capable of. They mistook him as a Devil, started taunting him with names, such as; Devil's Child, Death on Earth, Thanatos, Deucalion. .

WICKED finally realised their mistake of turning him. He was a Warrior. Half of the Warriors turned into Fallen Warriors. He would eventually turn into one and they would have to fight their own creation. They turned frantic, chaos filled in the building of WICKED Headquarter. They've created a monster that would change into their deadliest enemy. He would be their enemies' greatest weapon to parish them.

Realisation hit them, and they decided to banish him. They sent him to place no man want to set their foot on, a place where no Immunes would want to be at, a place where only Cranks live. The Scorch.

He fought his way to stay with WICKED, having no intention to leave them, or to stop being the person he was with WICKED, a Warrior. A fight broke down as WICKED tried to take him down, having his friends―the other Warriors―fought against him. Men and women fought against one, a monster but still have a human heart―that is until he was banished and left to rot by himself.

A Warrior shot him with a blazing arrow, almost burning all of his body, causing him to have a permanent burnt scars that run down half of his face. Whatever the Warrior put as the oil, it have caused permanent damage on him. A damage he would never forget, the memory of him burning in pain, glued in his mind.

That took him off guard and Warriors started to seize him up, trapping him so he couldn't escape. But at the fight, he killed. He killed with no mercy to those who stood against him. He killed many innocents without contemplating whether they have a family or not. And he found himself enjoying, having the thirst for blood in his hands as he killed more, smite more.

He weaved in and out of the innocents, leaving cold lifeless corpse on the ground as he proceeded to his next victim. He showed no mercy, for his human heart have finally succumbed into the darkness void.

And when they left him at the Scorch, he constantly long for the taste of sweet blood in his hands. To feel the same warm liquid dripping down from the claws WICKED gave him. He was turning into the name people gave him and when he did turn, he was no longer Eltham the Warrior; he is Death, he is the Devil, he is Thanatos, he is Deucalion.

[unedited]